R.i.p
I'm just curious somebody refresh my memory but why did the the camaro and bird could not sell. I mean a car with a bigger engine and with not that much of a price difference between the fbodys and mustangs what really happen.
I'm just curious somebody refresh my memory but why did the the camaro and bird could not sell. I mean a car with a bigger engine and with not that much of a price difference between the fbodys and mustangs what really happen.


gm was supposed to produce cars at that plant until the end of the loan(2017). it was also stipulated that if gm makes a camaro it has to be made at st therese. (pure theory)so gm closes the plant after undermarketing a good car and citing poor sales as the reason. gm then tears down the plant before the end of the contract and repays the loan in full after selling the bare land. the camaro name is then assembled at the holden plant in australia with the other soon to be released zeta body cars. thus doing so gm avoids a large lawsuit from the caw and consolidates assy of around 5 cars into 1 plant making more money off each of those five cars sold.