Rocked Out 94, Keeping It In The Family

8VStang

Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Outside of some obvious smaller parts that are heavy duty...Specs are as follows
-Motor 352 Stroker, 302 base block
-staggered tires, front p245's17 inch, rear,9275's 17 inch
-gears. 4.10
-SCT tuned,sct chip
-trick flow lower and upper manifolds
-cam trick flow stage 2
-flowmaster super 40 exhaust
-BBK long tube headers
-BBK cold air intake, KN filter
-under drive pullies
-heads, AFR CNC 205cc aluminum
-3 interior gauges
-custom head light detail
-Ross racing pistons 8-5 to 1
-MSD Ignition
-fully re-enforced unibody
-44 lb injectors
1994 Mustang 450 hp.jpg
1994 Mustang mod.jpg
1994 Mustang souped up.jpg
1994 Mustang SVD.jpg
1994 Mustang.jpg

Attachments

• 1994 Mustang racing.jpg
    1994 Mustang racing.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 198
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice except for 2 things:
1.) The air filter in the engine compartment is a big no-no. It sucks up hot air from the radiator and the fan wash can do strange things to the air flow through the MAF. It is also prone to causing idle problems.

2.) Unless you are planning on pressurized induction, the upper intake manifold isn't the most optimum choice. The short runners move the torque band way up high in the RPM range which makes for a lot less street and low speed performance.

Reactions: 2 users
1.) The air filter in the engine compartment is a big no-no. It sucks up hot air from the radiator and the fan wash can do strange things to the air flow through the MAF. It is also prone to causing idle problems.

2.) Unless you are planning on pressurized induction, the upper intake manifold isn't the most optimum choice. The short runners move the torque band way up high in the RPM range which makes for a lot less street and low speed performance.
And the cai is to small IMO (not a big deal but...) 8.5:1 really really needs some forced induction. I don't like that cam either. Not to rip on his combo. It looks like a nice car.

It's good to know. Good points, but no problems so far. Rips well.

It's good to know. Good points, but no problems so far. Rips well.
I'm about to do a 400. I've got a lot of good pointers as well from guys like A5liter and such. Car is just going to be a weekend driver for the most part and non track car. I don't want to change to a fox throttle cable , tps, and IAC to be able to use larger than a 75 mm tb. I have several reasons for wanting to just get a 75 mm tb. First is I have a brand new IAC that I never installed on the 302. I called and talked with several techs from AFM, edelbrock, AFR, and maybe one more and told them what I was wanting to do with the car and they all said sure a 90 would be better overall but a 75 won't kill me and mainly because i will be using the performer rpm 2 intake.

Only thing is I have to make sure the IAC and tps on the tb will clear where the tb mates with the intake and if not i will have to use a spacer and then hopefully it will clear then. Actually looking at pics of my car ( Car at body shop :)...) where the IAC bolts up is isn't flush with the body of IAC so it should clear fine. I won't use the elbow adapter. Also using the Rpm 2 is shorter than the Box R and hopefully that will allow the cervini's hood i have to clear fine. I won't use drop motor mounts because I don't want to have LT's being too low and hitting stuff with car being lowered.