Roush axle-backs installed

Sparty92

Jul 30, 2007
Detroit Burbs
I just went over to Roush today and had them install their axle-backs. :drool:

While I was there I took a look at a Blackjack, along with a 2012 RS3 (Roush Stage 3) Mustang. Awesome. I asked one of the engineers if the mufflers for the 5.0 sound better than the one's I had for the 4.6. He got the keys and fired up the Stage 3 as it sat in the garage. I kinda burst out laughing immediately (and I'm not one to visually laugh out loud). It sounded SO AWESOME that I just had to laugh. A few minutes later some guy came out of the office and into the garage because it scared the crap out of him!

Because the tips are bolt-on as well, I took the liberty of rotating them to match the angle of the rear fascia, so, they are rotated towards the inside of the fascia. The Roush logo is embossed on the "top" of the tip, but when you rotate the tip it kinda disappears to the side. Kinda cool, actually, as the tip doesn't really "stick out" any more. I can always change the orientation if I want by unbolting it.

The sound is awesome. I hope to post clips soon. I'd say it's about 5x louder than stock. It has a nice brrraaapp to it if you just punch the gas in neutral. It burbles nicely under engine braking. At highway speeds there is zero drone and it's quiet enough to talk. Perfect.

I got a great deal from Stage 3 Motorsports (matched CJ Pony Parts price) and just picked them up from Roush. No shipping or tax!

That's it. Awesome. Love it.
:drool:

• Sponsors (?)

I thought you would like those! Its amazing how good the Roush mufflers are and the no-drone thing. You might want to check the clamp nuts after a few days, one of mine was a little loose on the back side of the muffler (its easy to get to).

I thought you would like those! Its amazing how good the Roush mufflers are and the no-drone thing. You might want to check the clamp nuts after a few days, one of mine was a little loose on the back side of the muffler (its easy to get to).

I think they are a "chambered" design? They sound particularly different than their old design (2007)...and they are much louder than on my old car. I really like them. :)