roush exhaust + ? midpipe= good sound

ponyrde2010

Jun 16, 2005
Utah
well, the old pony is gone and the new one is here. i love it but it is so quiet compared to my 94gt. i regret to say that i am missing my old pony---any suggestions on what will help my 05roush sound better. it has the roush exhaust and so i was thinking an x pipe and maybe headers. i hate to say it but it feels kind of ricey or something. my previous car had flowmasters,catco hpipe w/cats and bbk headers and it sounded awesome! also, i was wondering if i went without cats would it kick a cel in the car? my 94 gt was very, very, very touchy about mods. i had to chip it with the new cam, idle probs and man she was just real bitchy about mods sometimes. im hoping the parameters of the newer mustangs are better.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the suggestion.Theres so much to do to the new baby! Anyways I saw that you have a tune on ur car and I was actually looking at the power pak that steeda offers w/ ud pulleys, coldair intake and the diablo sport tuner. Did ur tune make a big diff on ur car? me and my boyfriend go the rounds about what mods to do to my car. I was planning on switching the gears to 4.10+powerpak+newmidpipe and 18 wheels, sportsprings and strut towerbrace to start. He says 20in wheels and save money for a kennebelle s/c. I would love a s/c too but man, i just dont have 6k+ laying around. i like 20in wheels better for looks but am also concerned with the ride. my other pony had all this suspension and exhaust and engine and it was so fun but on the other hand it wasnt exactly that comfy on long trips and always tinkering with codes and idling and this and that + i spent a lot of money thati will never get back. i would like a nice comfortable fast as f car w nice exhaust.

best to get a supercharger, if you want big power. a N/A mod motor will cost nearly the same, but get less power.

the first thing you should do mo matter what is to get a tune. it will wake up the car, improve shift points (if auto), and get rid of that throttle lag. 18's are the best all-around rim diameter for comfort and performance.

ok, so ill definitely get the tune first. so if i do the steeda cai and u/d pulleys will they be compatible with the s/c down the road? just seems like steeda has a good deal with the cai/pulleys and tuner for $800. pics coming soon she just looks so plain right now. thanks for the help!