Royal Purple oil change intervals (time)

i changed my oil last at the end of april and have only put on 1500 miles since then. i know there have been countless threads about the mileage of synthetic oil before changing and was wondering how long i can wait to do mine. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on the type of driving you do. "Type" meaning regular driving, severe (lot of stop/go) driving, etc. If you hardly drive it, you could get away with longer intervals between changes.

I personally would go to 5k at max, or 6 months, but that's me and oil and filters are cheap insurance. Also, my car falls into the "severe duty" type of driving, so I need to change it more often.

i am in agreement with the above. driving type is a big factor in maintenance.

i drive my car daily so i like to do it usually 3 times a year (every 4 months), but i might only get 2000mi out of every change, because my daily commute is 10 minutes and if i go anywhere else i usually take my 91 gsx.

when i use full synthetic i usually go 6 months and change the filter (+ a quart) at 3 months

i drive my car everyday but my commute to work is only 10 miles round trip so i go by time instead of mileage

I do have question too. I live very close too my work like 2 minutes so my car never get chance to warm up good. I am thinking it might be bad for my car ,

how often should I change my car oil ? I change with motorcraft oil filter and mobil 1
full synthetic 5w20. 2-3 times a month I go to the track to drag race and let her warm up real good :)

It can stay clean for 7k, but I change my Mobil 1 every 3k miles. It costs $25 for 5 quarts at walmart (it comes in a jug). Royal purple thins out, and doesn't hold its viscosity well, so I would switch to mobil 1. RP is some thin, expensive sh1t.

It can stay clean for 7k, but I change my Mobil 1 every 3k miles. It costs $25 for 5 quarts at walmart (it comes in a jug). Royal purple thins out, and doesn't hold its viscosity well, so I would switch to mobil 1. RP is some thin, expensive sh1t.

If you read up on the internet oil test/review sites, you'll find that Mobil 1 is no longer formulated the same. My co-worker told me he read that it's not even pure synthetic anymore, but they still charge the same price.

I doubt there's any better oil than the likes of Amsoil and RP. RP isn't even that expensive. I picked up 5 quarts for 30 bux on sale, and for 5 bux more I'd say it's a much better oil at a slightly higher price.

If you read up on the internet oil test/review sites, you'll find that Mobil 1 is no longer formulated the same. My co-worker told me he read that it's not even pure synthetic anymore, but they still charge the same price.

I doubt there's any better oil than the likes of Amsoil and RP. RP isn't even that expensive. I picked up 5 quarts for 30 bux on sale, and for 5 bux more I'd say it's a much better oil at a slightly higher price.

Your co-worker is wrong. Mobil 1 is fully synthetic, not a blend.

I know people that have tested RP. It's crap. Look up some threads on modularfords....you'll see what I mean.

I'll ask him what website he read that on and see what it says.

In what way is RP crap?

Send a link on that Mobil 1 report. From what I know, it is one of the very few that is fully synthetic. Says so right on the 5 quart jug. Mobil 1 sells non synthetic too, so maybe that's the mix up.

Check out this link http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f4/oil-forced-induction-85473-3.html (last post by hardcore) . That boiling test is enough to keep me away from RP. I have read too many good ratings/reports about mobil 1 to stop using it.

Oil Forum
I'm betting this is where your coworker read that. I've still been using Mobile 1 just because I can't find Amsoil and friends of mine have voiced concerns about excesive valve noise (don't know what that could mean but it scares me) when running RP.
I think the deal with Mobile one is the class of synthetic that it changed to not that it's a blend now. I think it went to a class 3 from a class 4 which points to it being less pure and having a lower boiling point. But I don't feel like searching for it right now and this site has a lot to read up on about oils.

Oil Forum
I'm betting this is where your coworker read that. I've still been using Mobile 1 just because I can't find Amsoil and friends of mine have voiced concerns about excesive valve noise (don't know what that could mean but it scares me) when running RP.
I think the deal with Mobile one is the class of synthetic that it changed to not that it's a blend now. I think it went to a class 3 from a class 4 which points to it being less pure and having a lower boiling point. But I don't feel like searching for it right now and this site has a lot to read up on about oils.

Maybe that was it and I misunderstood him.

Send a link on that Mobil 1 report. From what I know, it is one of the very few that is fully synthetic. Says so right on the 5 quart jug. Mobil 1 sells non synthetic too, so maybe that's the mix up.

Check out this link http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f4/oil-forced-induction-85473-3.html (last post by hardcore) . That boiling test is enough to keep me away from RP. I have read too many good ratings/reports about mobil 1 to stop using it.
There is alot of speculation, nothing more, about the Mobil 1 formula. They are super duper secretive about it, much more so than any other brand. They have a line of lesser oil and a line of better oil now, so I believe that is where the speculation started.
HARDCORE