Running 12's!

• Sponsors (?)

5.0stang_gt said:
Hey guys I need some help right now I have BBK long tubes, BBK o/r x pipe and MAC Pro dumps. What do I need to run twelves but I only have to spend 2000 or less, or is that not possible.
For 2K you might be able to get gears, heads, and a cam. Or gears, intake, cam. Gears are a givin. They will really wake things up. Just remember. Speed costs $.

gears and heads - twisted wedges are like a grand i think, and people i hear are getting gears and installation done for like 500 bucks or so, then you can get an intake or cam w/ the extra 5, or when you're all said n done, you'll probably spend way over 2000 lol you'll probably be OUT 5 lol good luck
Paul Perreca

Fishhawk said:
For 2K you might be able to get gears, heads, and a cam. Or gears, intake, cam. Gears are a givin. They will really wake things up. Just remember. Speed costs $.

This is definitely a route you can take to get you into the 12's. You failed to tell us what ET you are currently running? Another route is to install a nitrous kit. Back in the day when my motor was stock all I had for mods was a catback, gears, tires and an NX wet kit and the car went 12.40's. Whatever route you go, definitely invest in some gears. I'm going to assume you have 3.08 gears or even worse.

Theres no need for heads if your willing to beat the car. My suggestion if you just want a 12 second timeslip, and a good basis to build the car from, some 4.10s ($300), pulleys ($100), clutch ($200), shifter ($200), Driveshaft ($250 now or so), and then finish off with some slicks ($320) and suspension (whatevers left) and you could rip of a 12, and have the car set up later for heads, cam and intake. If you want a 12 easier, then nitrous, gears and tires!

25thmustang said:
Theres no need for heads if your willing to beat the car. My suggestion if you just want a 12 second timeslip, and a good basis to build the car from, some 4.10s ($300), pulleys ($100), clutch ($200), shifter ($200), Driveshaft ($250 now or so), and then finish off with some slicks ($320) and suspension (whatevers left) and you could rip of a 12, and have the car set up later for heads, cam and intake. If you want a 12 easier, then nitrous, gears and tires!

That sounds like the best advice to me. If its a straight track car, might even get some 4.30's. Also, get some subframes if you dont already have them, running 12's is gonna put a lotta stress on the chassis.

3.73s, gt40 heads, TFS stage 1 cam, RPM intake. ---- 1250

installation and parts-----$600.

you can do this all under $2000

throw in some used pullies and a K&N filter and you have your 12s... with ease. :D