S197 owners with the OEM or aftermarket plenum covers

metroplex

Sep 7, 2003
SE MI
FYI:
I would recommend pulling the covers to inspect the fuel rail cross over hose for any signs of rubbing against the cover.

I removed the cover to do some fitting checks with a strut tower brace and noticed that the hose rubs against the cover and against one of the runners. I wrapped it with some wire loom, hoping it will protect the hose.

I've cut through one of these hoses in the past on another vehicle and the rubber is just an outer protective layer. The fuel actually travels through a clear plastic "straw" inside the rubber "hose". Needless to say I am not fond of any signs of rubbing or damage on any type of hose.

If you've lowered your cover based on BMR and Granatelli's recommendation to increase clearance for a STB, I would highly recommend you check out the hose.

• Sponsors (?)

FYI:
I would recommend pulling the covers to inspect the fuel rail cross over hose for any signs of rubbing against the cover.

I removed the cover to do some fitting checks with a strut tower brace and noticed that the hose rubs against the cover and against one of the runners. I wrapped it with some wire loom, hoping it will protect the hose.

I've cut through one of these hoses in the past on another vehicle and the rubber is just an outer protective layer. The fuel actually travels through a clear plastic "straw" inside the rubber "hose". Needless to say I am not fond of any signs of rubbing or damage on any type of hose.

If you've lowered your cover based on BMR and Granatelli's recommendation to increase clearance for a STB, I would highly recommend you check out the hose.

I'd agree to check this, though I have to comment that I was the first to post on dropping the cover down when they first came out. ;) Sorry I had to.

At any rate, I just had mine off last night after being dropped for over a year and had no signs of wearing on my hose, but as you suggest never a bad idea to check now and again.