S550 Supercharger gas mileage

Condor1970

Dec 3, 2017
I've read a few of the older posts from a decade ago on terrible gas mileage when installing a supercharger, but I'm wondering what mileage you guys are getting with the newer 2015-2018 S550's with the Roush or Wipples installed. I've heard rumors most are getting only 1-2mpg's less overall, and some still getting up to 25mpg cruising on the highway in overdrive/6th gear. Is this true?

• Sponsors (?)

With a Procharger, I was getting around 14 mpg city and 22 mpg highway in my Performance Pack 6-speed ‘15 GT with longtubes.

I would expect worse mileage with a PD blower... my ‘04 got 28 mpg highway when stock and 21 highway with a Kenne Bell.

With that being said, if I were to supercharge my new mustang, it would get a Whipple. I have owned both and a positive displacement (twin screw) is way more fun on the street. Besides, when you start talking about adding a blower, who really gives THAT much of a $hit about gas mileage anyway. :D

It would be directly proportional to how much fun youre having, if youre getting on it all the time, youre going to use more fuel as the engine is getting more air from the blower. A good majority of the time you're not going to see a significant loss if youre just driving normally.

I know I am a bit late responding to this issue but I just picked up my 2019 PPL2 with a Roush supercharger. As you can see, if it is driven mildly I get 26 mpg. My day to day driving I am getting just over 19 mpg. If I step into it...well you can guess.

Attachments

• Gas Mileage  .jpg
    Gas Mileage .jpg
    200 KB · Views: 357