Sad Day Wrecked my stang

DStang99

May 11, 2009
Florida
Hey Stangnet,

Today was a very sad day i had my 1999 stang for 5 months and i wrecked it today.
the abs light has been on since i bought it but i did not think it was a big deal
well i was wrong hit the brakes and all tires locked up and ran into another car

I'm worried the insurance company is going to total it what do you guys think?
Car runs perfect no motor damage just body

img056.jpg
[/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, that is a complete total. A shop will quote 7k to fix that ... or more.

That sux mang, sorry to hear that. Make sure to buy it back cause youcan make money off it. :nice:

Man dude that sucks but that dont look nowhere near totaled compared to what happened to mine in april and that just missed being totaled.

Laser, my front was pretty much destroyed and I'm still getting some money back.

Man dude that sucks but that dont look nowhere near totaled compared to what happened to mine in april and that just missed being totaled.

Laser, my front was pretty much destroyed and I'm still getting some money back.
Man, wish I knew how the hell you guys get past the car being totaled.
My Cobra had ALOT less dammage then eaither one of those cars and they were going to total it when they thought it was a GT. I had to point out it was a Cobra.

Bumper/fogs/fender/strut/heat exchanger/rocker pannel and some miscilanious stuff and it was $7300. After additions they spent almost 12k on it :shrug:

EDIT: His car also books for $4000 less then yours.

Man, wish I knew how the hell you guys get past the car being totaled.
My Cobra had ALOT less dammage then eaither one of those cars and they were going to total it when they thought it was a GT. I had to point out it was a Cobra.

Bumper/fogs/fender/strut/heat exchanger/rocker pannel and some miscilanious stuff and it was $7300. After additions they spent almost 12k on it :shrug:

EDIT: His car also books for $4000 less then yours.

Wow I would have thought a Cobra would have been worth way more then that. Did you have the bags deploy, for me thats $1300. I wonder how much the Mach 1000 and mileage factor in to it because they were the only options they asked me. Might have been the reason my car wasn't totaled.:shrug:

Wow I would have thought a Cobra would have been worth way more then that. Did you have the bags deploy, for me thats $1300. I wonder how much the Mach 1000 and mileage factor in to it because they were the only options they asked me. Might have been the reason my car wasn't totaled.:shrug:
Oh, thought you had an 04 :shrug: Cant make out the badge in your sig pic.

For the sake of ease I didnt add any options on eaither car. Yours came out (04) at $11,300 and his was $6800

check this craigslist add.. hes selling body parts cheap...i saw that you were in florida and this dude is in apopka

Mustang parts

Holy hell.

Dstang, crashing is never fun. trust me, I've wiped out a few cars in my youth (age 16-19).

The damage doesn't look all that bad, but being a '99, it could very well be written off by the insurance company. If so, you can always purchase it back from them with a salvage title (for a small percentage, usually). This will depend on your insurance company though.

I've gone through this in the past, and came out ahead of the game.

Eg 1:

In 1986, I bought an '82 Honda CVCC (first car) for $800. It had 120k on the clock. I drove it for approximately 3 weeks, and an old guy (farmer) pulled out in front of me, and I nailed him.

6 months later, after the insurance companies squabbled about fault (his in the end), I got it fixed, and completely repainted.

Three weeks after that, I was waiting for a car to turn off in front of me on our main street, cue another old farmer in Ford pickup, plowing into me at 25mph...

Car was totalled. Insurance company gave me $2400 for it, and I got to keep it. I got it fixed for $900, then sold it a year later for $850.

Eg 2:

After I sold that car, I bought an '85 Prelude (this was in 1988 now) for $4500. Drove it a year. Totally my fault, I ran off the road, hit a log in the ditch that opened the driver's side like a can opener, and came to rest against a 5' diameter tree...

Car was totalled. The insurance company gave it to me, with a check for $4200. I got it fixed for about $2500. Then sold it a year later for $3900.

So, you see, sometimes, crashing cars is profitable. :) (just trying to lighten the mood a bit, crashing is never fun, in any case, I feel for ya).

Of course, it also helps having an uncle and cousin in the body repair business (both have been in it for 20+ years).

My advice is to just see what the insurance company comes up with. If they total it, you still have options. If they decide it's not totalled (usually, they'll total a car if it's repairs exceed about 60-70% of the car's market value), you'll get it fixed.

So, either way, it should be fixed.

From the picture, it doesn't look like it got into the frame/radiator. If it's just body parts, that should be an easy fix with whichever option is presented to you by your insurance company.

Like the others have said, if they do total it, and you get it back, visit junk yards/etc. I'm sure you can get the required parts fairly cheap. A body shop should give you a free estimate (whether totalled or not), that'd give you a list of parts needed for you to shop for.

Sorry for the long-winded post. This is just a subject I've had a lot of (too much) experience with.

Yes, that is a complete total. A shop will quote 7k to fix that ... or more.

I doubt it'd be that much. I just had a $7500 wreck...involved the quarter panel, both bumpers, front end, 2 wheels, and the rear axle. I spun into a retaining wall. FAR worse than his. And the car looks better now than it did when it was new.

If they say $7K to fix THAT...they're on some serious crack. ;)

Although...if the airbags deployed, that could be a different story....

Hello Everyone

Thanks for your comments made me stay up all night worrying about it.
The thing is the car is financed so if it was totaled all the money will go to the
fiance company and i know their was no chance of me getting another mustang for a Long Long time

BUT GUESS WHAT ITS NOT TOTALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEICO ESTIMATED THE COST AT $2500 YEAH FORD IS GOIN TO FINE MORE PROBLEMS
BUT THEY SAID THERE IS NO WAY THEY WILL TOTAL IT

THANK GOD:nice::nice::nice::nice::nice::nice:

Congrats man, glad it turned out better than expected. I wrecked my Stang about a month or so ago, and it was definitely NOT a fun night for me either. All you can do is take a lesson from the incident, and move up (and upgrade!!! :nice:). Hope the repairs happen smoothly and quickly, best of luck.