[email protected][email protected]“ 1.150“ 322 lbs/in

electric water pump

street strip tire
4.08 rear
2600lb with driver
AOD Trans. 2300 stall
B&M shift kit and z gate shifter

also what RPM would you think is "safe"
I have desktop dyno 2003 and drag 2003 and what it figured for hp seems a little high. just curious what you think. any pointers or improvements (i know i need heads) :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Need compression too. You have a lot of duration and a tight LSA. I would think 10.5:1 would be better suited for the cam. With stock rods and 5/16" rod bolts, I wouldn't turn it past 6500. You might also consider a 3000 stall.

yeah 10.5 would be good. i haven turned it passed 5k yet. havent had a chance to with the bad weather were getting. i was thinking 2800 stall and a PA valve body. Desktop dyno tells me Ive got about 373 hp at 6k and 373 ft lbs at 4500. drag 2003 with my car setup says 11.473 @ 122.9 . doesnt seem right to me. i guess I'll have to wait till the weather is better to check it out. any other thoughts?

With E7 heads, i'd be suprised if it made any power at all after 5500rpm.
I've also yet to see a set of ported e7's make any significant power without spending entirely too much money on them.

Those desktop dyno numbers are way out in left field, unless you forgot to list a nitrous kit in the first post.

How did you come up with 2600lbs with driver? Assuming you weigh 150lbs, that leaves the car at 2450, sounds a little too good to be true.

I have never performed a comparison between desktop Dyno and the real thing but I have been told that Desktop Dyno is ultra-liberal with its figures. In all fairness, you probably have an honest 350hp motor with the right heads and some good tuning.

There really is no point in using any program.
Simply put the car together and run it on a rear wheel dyno. If that's not possible, just look up what other similar combos made.
An e7 headed car likely won't produce any more rwhp than about 270, and in some situations depending on the port work, that could be a very generous number.
They are certainly not going to flow very well past 5500rpm either.

I have a dyno list that was made a while back, all different h/c/i combos, the max rwhp was 270 with those heads, and some numbers were even in the 220's.

If your car is really that light, and you have max traction, it won't take much more than 250rwhp to get in the 11's. Although i doubt it will run anywhere near 122mph. Probably like 10mph+ short.

just curious what you guys would think of this combo

302 block bored 40
flat top pistons
E7 ported gasket matched heads
9.5:1 comp ratio
edelbrock torker intake
holley 660 cfm 4bbl
gear drive

hyd. flat tappet comp cams big mutha thumpr
dur @ .050 lift @ 1.6:1 lobe sep. angle
IN. EX. IN. EX.
243 257 .512 .498 107°

comp cams bee hive lifters
seat load -open load - coil bind spring rate
[email protected][email protected]“ 1.150“ 322 lbs/in

electric water pump

street strip tire
4.08 rear
2600lb with driver
AOD Trans. 2300 stall
B&M shift kit and z gate shifter

also what RPM would you think is "safe"
I have desktop dyno 2003 and drag 2003 and what it figured for hp seems a little high. just curious what you think. any pointers or improvements (i know i need heads) :rolleyes:

With that long duration cam and stock restrictive heads, you have a very mismatched combo and I'll be surprised if the engine doesn't run like sh**e. All that coupled with a converter that stalls at only 2300rpm?
You need better heads and a 2800+rpm stall converter, and I think it's safe to say your desktop dyno numbers are very wide of the mark. I ran your engine specs on my desktop dyno and got only 290hp/287lbft at the flywheel. I expect even that's optimistic 'cause of the mismatched parts.

ive been looking at som heads. would love some new afr's but dont have that kinda money right now. any suggestions on some cheaper alternatives? i figure anything would be an improvment. i guess i could sell all of my extra parts i have laying around. :)