Roush Saleen 2004 Dyno Tune

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think you need to worry about the car running lean unless you go to a smaller pulley on the blower, or make other mods to your engine that need more juice. Then not only do you need a tune to insure against running lean, but at some point you need to worry about fuel pump, etc.

My understanding is though that the standard Saleen tune is limited in the area of timing and fuel ratios, so getting it dyno tuned can get more power out of your car.

I have to make my usually disclaimer though that I am no where near an expert. :p

s281er238 said:
Has Anyone Had There 2004 Saleen Sc Dynotuned They Told Me That These Cars have A Problem Runnin Lean ,Is That True

Where are you located at? Go find a local dynoshop that has a dynojet and get a run or two in. They should give you a readout of rwhp, rwtq, air/fuel and boost. Saleen's generally run pretty rich, however only way to really know is to get on a dyno. I would wait to get dyno tuned until you added some mods. You would also need a new chip or programmer.

Shaun

00-Saleen said:
James at RWTD has looked at the stock saleen (powerflash) tune and told me that it is nothing more that a fuel and spark advance. So its pretty sh%**y

That is probably true on the N/A flash, but the supercharged saleens wouldn't run without changes to the injector slopes, changes to the base fuel tables, and retarding the timing some under load. Beyond that there isn't much that needs to be changed.

jstreet0204 said:
That is probably true on the N/A flash, but the supercharged saleens wouldn't run without changes to the injector slopes, changes to the base fuel tables, and retarding the timing some under load. Beyond that there isn't much that needs to be changed.

You would suppose that but this is for the Sc tune as well. Thats why the sc cars make such poor power. Saleens tune sucks. James said there was minor fuel and spark advances and thats it. He is expecting 15-20 more hp from my car once hes done with it.

00-Saleen said:
You would suppose that but this is for the Sc tune as well. Thats why the sc cars make such poor power. Saleens tune sucks. James said there was minor fuel and spark advances and thats it. He is expecting 15-20 more hp from my car once hes done with it.

Believe what you wish, but I'm telling you, the car would nt run mre than 5 or ten minutes without adjustments for the 30lb injectors. It would foul the plugs and contaminate the o2's.

There is probably another 15-20 hp by pulling back on some some of the fuel and adding a bit more timing, since saleen's tune is so conserative.

00-Saleen said:
It has adjustments for the 30LBS. Just not alot.

James is killing me ive been awaiting a tune forever.

Ok, I really don't think you understand what I am saying.

There is no degree of how much you adjust for things like injectors. You have to change the settings for the slopes, and breakpoints to match whatever injector size you have in there. From there you change the fuel tables to bring the a/f ratio under load, down from about 13:1 stock to something safer like 11:1. Then you have to pull back timing under load to keep from detonating. All of these things have to be changed or the motor wouldn't last through the first couple of full throttle runs.

Now the saleen tunes tend to be very conservative, so they tend to add too much fuel and pull too much timing, so power can be made by taking some of this. This would be no different than what any other tuner would do, they just wouldn't be quit so conservative with it since they aren't as worried about warranty issues.