Interior and Upholstery Saleen cruise control compatibility

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Fort Knox, KY
Can anyone tell me if these parts are compatible?

In my black turbo '91, I'd like to go aftermarket with the steering wheel AND retain cruise control. I love the look of the Momo 'Race' Steering wheel:

1662528310502.png

In fact, I like it so much I've already ordered it. However, the best solution I can find to keep cruise control is to buy 87-89 cruise switches and mount them in the Saleen-style 1987-1989 MUSTANG SVE CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH BRACKET (pic below). However, the Saleen bracket was made for the Momo 'Voloce' and 'Monte Carlo' style wheels, and I just cant tell if it'll fit. I might buy it and have someone with a steadier hand or some machining skills make the grooves to fit this bracket anyways, but I'd like to know if it'll work as-is before I buy.
1662528282788.png

Example in Saleen:

1662528538959.png

• Sponsors (?)

I have this one. I bought it before LMR had their SVE style bracket. There are some subtle differences so i can't comment much on the LMR bracket.

This one has a flat top and a recess on the back to fit into the Momo hub. I'll grab some pics in a bit. Really the only concern is that if the buttons reveal in the right location between the spokes and don't contact. Only way to find out is to try it. I think the 6-bolt plate will sandwich fine between the wheel and hub, it's just where the buttons will sit.

I do think the SVE buttons stick out further than my kit does. If you compare the above pic to the below one, i think you'll see it as well. That may help with fit, but would need to mock it up first. I do think LMR allows returns on that part