Saleen Heat Extractor hood on its way... pics.

With my car drawing nearer and nearer to completion, Eric and I unsurprisingly ran into yet another problem. In order to clear the wastegate we needed a 1" spacer for the upper TFS intake, fine. BUT, now the stock hood won't close, doh! And oh yeah, the Cervini's hood in the pictures of my car has been long sold to Eric's brother.

So after a lot of contemplation of which hood will look the best and probably most importantly fit the best, I decided to dig deep in my pockets and stick with the roots of my original Saleen replica plans and go for the reinforced carbon fiber Saleen heat extractor hood:

saleen.jpg

Bling.

Any ideas for paint schemes?

• Sponsors (?)

I have been also eyeing that hood. Where did you buy yours from, direct from Saleen?

I feel that I need a hood that will help get some heat out of the engine compartment. While going around PIR, it doesn't go above 195, but while sitting still with the AC on the engine temp rises.

Turbo heats the engine compartment up.

Craig

tarch said:
just saleen fitment in general

i have a firm belief that take off parts are way better than brand new parts

While I would agree with you about take off parts versus brand new parts SOMETIMES, I would say it'll be tough to find a take off saleen hood!

Saleens fitment was never the big issue with their body work stuff. It was always the finish of the pieces required a lot of sanding and smoothing. Any body panel will have fitment issues if its new or take off, and some people just don't understand that. However, their panels usually require a little extra sanding comparatively because the finish is pretty rough.

ChrisWeil said:
While I would agree with you about take off parts versus brand new parts SOMETIMES, I would say it'll be tough to find a take off saleen hood!

Saleens fitment was never the big issue with their body work stuff. It was always the finish of the pieces required a lot of sanding and smoothing. Any body panel will have fitment issues if its new or take off, and some people just don't understand that. However, their panels usually require a little extra sanding comparatively because the finish is pretty rough.
then it's just the bodyshops BS'ing :rofl: