San Antonio Raceway on Wednesday 5/4/05

05Stangster

Mar 31, 2005
Austin, Texas
Anyone want to meet up? Going to the "Street and Grudge racing" Wednesday and thought it would be cool to match up a few 05 GT's. Mine is Torch Red with an AUTOMATIC. Any manuals want to try to beat the auto? I think it would be a blast, win or lose. Mine is stock.

Sounds like fun...to watch, that is. I wouldn't know the first thing about racing. Plus, mine's an auto, too. I'm confident you can kick any manual's a$$, though!
I may have to go check this out...

First, I'm glad you didn't get hurt with the Dodge duelly incident. A-h-o-l-e.

Second You have an automatic as well. I know you can race down the quarter mile. All you do is lower your tire pressure to about 25 psi, line up at the starting line, hold your brake pedal with about 2000 rpm: here we go! - red, yellow, green - punch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 13-14 seconds later you're through the finish line, your heart is pumping, you have a permagrin on your face, and you're ready to do it again to try to get a better time. You are not necessariy racing against the car beside you (well, actually you are) but trying to improve on your time. I am hoping to line up to a 350Z

Thanks. The "incident" happened down South headed North from Buda. And no sooner did I regain my composure (I was mutually raging mad and scared at the same time), than I see DPS parked in the median on our side. I only wish I'd had the presence of mind to dial up 911 like someone suggested.

I was looking at the SAR website and it looks like fun. The way you describe it, sounds like a huge rush!! Have fun next week and don't forget to post your times!