San Antonio Raceway on Wednesday 5/4/05

05Stangster

Mar 31, 2005
Austin, Texas
Anyone want to meet up? :spot: Going to the "Street and Grudge racing" Wednesday and thought it would be cool to match up a few 05 GT's. Mine is Torch Red with an AUTOMATIC. Any manuals want to try to beat the auto? I think it would be a blast, win or lose. Mine is stock.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like fun...to watch, that is. I wouldn't know the first thing about racing. Plus, mine's an auto, too. I'm confident you can kick any manual's a$$, though! :D
I may have to go check this out...

First, I'm glad you didn't get hurt with the Dodge duelly incident. A-h-o-l-e.

Second :D You have an automatic as well. I know you can race down the quarter mile. :spot: All you do is lower your tire pressure to about 25 psi, line up at the starting line, hold your brake pedal with about 2000 rpm: here we go! - red, yellow, green - punch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 13-14 seconds later you're through the finish line, your heart is pumping, you have a permagrin on your face, and you're ready to do it again to try to get a better time. You are not necessariy racing against the car beside you (well, actually you are) but trying to improve on your time. I am hoping to line up to a 350Z :cheers:

Thanks. The "incident" happened down South headed North from Buda. And no sooner did I regain my composure (I was mutually raging mad and scared at the same time), than I see DPS parked in the median on our side. I only wish I'd had the presence of mind to dial up 911 like someone suggested. :(

I was looking at the SAR website and it looks like fun. The way you describe it, sounds like a huge rush!! Have fun next week and don't forget to post your times!