Scale Auto Model Build Off?

I got the passenger side set of long tubes 99% done. Just have to finish the flange and "break" it off the heads to smooth and paint. The drivers side header I got one tube bent, but had to go to bed so I could be up for class today (where I actually am right now).

I got the rear rims deep dished. front (or rear) brakes fabbed up, and a nice lead on some "chrome" paint, for my black centered/polished lip wheels.

Today if I choose to work on the model and not the real car Ill get the drivers side header done, probably fab up the exhaust, and maybe even get started on the cage, and making the GT40 intake I plan to create! I will try and get the pics I have on the net tonight after class.

1SLO306, the model I have is the same brand and type (2 in 1), and has a lot of very similar parts, judging by what I can see in your pics. The fit and finish is good, some of the panels dont line up great but Im going to try and remedy that!

• Sponsors (?)

Damn where do you guys get time for all this crap??? :lol:

I've just finished about finished the engine, and i've started painting the underbody and exhaust and all that. I'm not doing a bunch of custom crap on mine, probably just a roll cage if anything at all. I'm such a perfectionist that if i went the custom route it would take a year to finish this thing.

I had mine started before this build off idea came. I was just building one to build one...but i am going to build a few different versions of this same model so maybe after i'm done with this one i'll get crazy and build one custom style. Since it'll probably be 2020 before we get an old school tubbed Fox model, i might have to chop one up and make my own with some huge fat slicks in the back and a big duel carb big block :drool:

Haha this thread is right up my alley! Unfortunately i dont have the time or resources to build one at school, but i used to be an avid builder. In fact, Ive been featured in Scale Auto Enthusiest, the magazine you guys mentioned before! I won 2nd place in NNL East which is a national model car show held in NJ where im from. Heres some of my cars...the Jade green Dart is the car i won with. It has flocked interior, wired dizzy, aftermarket slicks, full custom exhaust system made of aluminum tubing, turned aluminum mufflers, aluminum etched brake rotors, aluminum tubing roll cage, narrowed axle and tubbed rear subframe, and 3 step paint which i airbrushed on...it was primer, silver base, jade green transparent coat, and clear. Its the one in the case.

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0016.jpg
    DSCN0016.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0855.jpg
    DSCN0855.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN0849.jpg
    DSCN0849.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 64
I went to my local shop today and they have a TON of stuff. They have the 1:24 Tayima 94-95 GT curbside model which I debated buying, but ended up with flocking and filler. I hope we get a good amount of people doing this, as the more we get to see, the better!

Well I didnt make it to the local hobby shop today. But WalMart had a Revell 70' Boss 429 Mustang 3-1 that I picked up.
Even though the one raced had a 302 in it... I guess the 429 will be alright...

Might do something like this.
MHTA1462.jpg