• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Score!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter mustang70
  • Start date Start date Jan 1, 2004

mustang70

Founding Member
Nov 15, 2001
2,445
2
48
San Diego
Jan 1, 2004
#1
  • Jan 1, 2004
  • #1
Went to the junkyard today for the half off sale. Found a 75 Maverick that still had it's front disc brakes. After battling it for a couple hours the car finally gave up the spindles and brakes. The rotors look brand new. The pads have very little wear. I think it had a brake job done on it shortly before it ended up in the junk yard. Heck, one of the dust caps fell off at one point and the grease still looked fresh. The only things I forgot to get were the tie rod ends and the proportioning valve. I figured if I needed different tie rod ends it would be better to get new ones anyway. And I'm sure it would be better to get an adjustable proportining valve anyway.

The best part about all this, I paid a whopping $85 for everything.

The worse part, I have to wait until next June to put them in.
 

68GEETEE

5 Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
481
5
38
Texas, USA
Jan 1, 2004
#2
  • Jan 1, 2004
  • #2
you dont want an adjustable proportioning valve on that system. This company helped me get my brakes fixed right.

http://www.mpbrakes.com/mpfaqvalving.htm
 

68GEETEE

5 Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
481
5
38
Texas, USA
Jan 1, 2004
#3
  • Jan 1, 2004
  • #3
I had to replace my old worn out 10 lb metering valve on the rear brake line mounted near the proportioning block to maintain a solid brake pedal. Call the company above, they have a helpful tech line and will get you lined out with what you need and dont need.

Keep in mind your calipers have a right and left. Dont mix them up as someone did on my car, bleeders were not at the top and i couldnt get a pedal as air was trapped above the bleeder. Hope this helps.
 

mustang70

Founding Member
Nov 15, 2001
2,445
2
48
San Diego
Jan 2, 2004
#4
  • Jan 2, 2004
  • #4
And now the questions start

Why wouldn't I want to use an adjustable proportioning valve? I thought I would be able to dial the system in better that way. Any and all information is welcome. Thanks.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

B
Front brakes not releasing
  • Boats90GT
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
9
Views
232
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 16, 2026
AeroCoupe
J
2004 Mustang 3.8L V6 vibrations above 65 MPH and differential leaks
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 16, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
848
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Aug 29, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
242
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
D
Brakes 1966 Mustang convertible 289, Auto - Disc brake conversion issues
  • DRGunn427
  • Feb 26, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
796
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 23, 2026
All Stock93
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
6
Views
294
Other Auto Tech Sunday at 6:09 PM
JD1964
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?