Scored a new interior for the 88

RYC CUKR

Founding Member
May 19, 2002
Orlando
So I just got back from the JY and it was a good trip :D

They had a 93 with the full interior still in it. So I pulled the whole interior except the seats and the carpet. Dash, headliner, door panels, quarter panels, console etc. The whole thing ended up costing me a whopping $72. :nice:

The tan in my 88 has seen much better days and it is hard as hell to find decent parts for so it is going to go Opal Grey like my 93 vert.

I might go back and get the seats but I have to think about it. They weren't in that great of shape. Both had rips in them.

I also scored a pretty decent set of coupe quarter windows last weekend for $20.

So I know what I will probably be doing next weekend. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Ebay some of your good tan parts. It's a rare color and they fetch decent money used.

Forget the fox seats. Get some 99-04 dark charcoal GT seats front and rear and swap them in. It's a killer combo with a gray interior! :)

The actually swap is pretty easy. I have a 1990 black interior in my '88. Took me a weekend to swap

I plan on ebaying off pretty much all of the beige interior. The only parts that are in bad shape is the drivers side seat, passenger side scuff panel and the top of the console.

Its an SSP so it has the hole in the dash so I will probably put that up on the SSP mustang website.

I think that I can get my money back. There is also 2 cars with black dashes and some other interior parts so I might grab them and ebay them as well.