Sct X4 Question

Lou95gts

Jun 24, 2012
Toronto
Posted in another forum as well but maybe someone here can guide me.
Just picked up an SCT X4 tuner for my 2015 GT.
A little (a lot) disappointing that there is not the same adjustability in the engine options section as there is for the 2014 and older cars.
Only adjustability is for intake box (2 choices only), headers (1 choice only), speed limit, and rev limits.
Am I missing something or is SCT just not able to allow for gear ratio, tire size etc. yet? Tried calling them but was on hold forever and now closed for the holidays.

Attachments

• SCTengineoptions.jpg
    SCTengineoptions.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 410
  • Sponsors (?)

Just got off the phone with SCT. I guess the features aren't activated with my 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 processor strategy yet. No engineers available til after new years to add the gear ratio and tire size features. I will report back after I call them in the new year and talk with them again.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got off the phone with SCT. I guess the features aren't activated with my 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 processor strategy yet. No engineers available til after new years to add the gear ratio and tire size features. I will report back after I call them in the new year and talk with them again.
You're exactly right, the strategy is not in place with the X4 to compensate for gear ratio and tire size. To be honest they have been telling us (SCT dealer) that they have been working on this for over a year. When we originally tuned my car in October of last year after installing the blower they told us to hang tight... it's over a year later and still "hanging tight"... We have SCT tuning software that goes far beyond what the general public get and still don't have the features that you're looking for. Not saying that the software is bad, it's just not complete in my opinion.

SCT reply: Sorry, none of the features are available for the 2015 and up GT yet. Engineers are working on it. (For 1 year)
No timeline for adding any usable features or the ability to write tunes for these cars by tuner shops.
I guess the 1.5yr old Mustang GT is still too new and the customer base too small for them to be concerned.
Too bad I wasted $399 on this.