Seat belts wont retract *old and worn out*

• Sponsors (?)

theirs a writeup i saw on modularfords.com explains how to fix it but more work involved than I thought, you have to take your rear seats out, than you can take the panel off, than you can take the retractor out and do what it needed to supposibly fix the problem, from the sounds of it you have to turn the knob that tightens the spring up where it puts a stronger pull on your seatbelt which in terms means it wont be sloppy it will pull it in all the way!

Ford tells me there is not a problem with their seatbelts

Dear Chad Wilkins,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center requesting assistance for the replacement of the seatbelt on your 2002 Ford Mustang GT.

We regret the circumstances that prompted you to write us. However, after reviewing the situation, there are no warranties or other coverage available that would provide assistance for your request.

We understand how frustrating this experience has been for you. Ford cares about each and every customer thus we have made every effort to address your concern. We are sorry that our response could not be more favorable to you.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8am and 5pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952. Please provide your 10 digit reference number - 0110470229.

Sincerely,
Shiela
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

crapola:notnice:Darn, I'd rather them be complete garbage customer service, than half-ass. At least I'd know what to expect. They know those seatbelts are less than exceptable, long as they don't fail in an accident, they don't feel its neccesary to do anything about the problem.:nonono:

Replaced my drivers side as it doubled over in the shoulder loop, then retracted back in and jammed. They are a serious pain in the butt. Not too difficult to replace though, pop out the rear squab, then tease out the main plastic rear trim.

Then stare in amazement about how you've nearly stripped the inside rear of the car in about 10 minutes!