• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Seatbelt install help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter theautomatics
  • Start date Start date Aug 3, 2008
T

theautomatics

New Member
Dec 6, 2007
37
0
0
Chicago
Aug 3, 2008
#1
  • Aug 3, 2008
  • #1
I've got a 68' mustang coupe. With 500hp and no seatbelts I figure i need at least a 3 point seatbelt. Can this be installed into the body? Pillar wall? do I have to get race bucket seats a roll bar?
 

Tim65GT

Active Member
Feb 24, 2004
1,149
2
39
West Texas
Aug 3, 2008
#2
  • Aug 3, 2008
  • #2
I installed 3 point seat belts in my '65, but I had to add metal into the roof rail area for a strong anchor point.

I thought the '68's already had the beefed up metal and hole there to bolt the shoulder anchor point. It'd be best if you could look at another '68 with the headliner removed to get some measurements.

I'm sure someone with a '68 will chime in...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

68 vert where to start?
  • 67 blueberry
  • Jul 2, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
67 blueberry
Sound deadener install
  • limp
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
252
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 17, 2026
limp
Electrical Lincoln Mark VIII Replacement Fan Motor
  • AeroCoupe
  • Saturday at 5:55 PM
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
57
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Saturday at 8:14 PM
AeroCoupe
Cyber Truck tried to race me!
  • MKatzenbach
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
14
Views
345
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Sep 8, 2026
gkomo
G
Need tuning help with 4100 Carburetor
  • Gary’s 67
  • Aug 18, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
183
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Aug 22, 2026
manicmechanic007
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?