Seats that work with the electric adjustment

• Sponsors (?)

Is your car wired for power seats or do you just have a manual track? If so, you could buy a nice pair of leather seats out of a GT or Cobra for around $500 bucks and bolt them in...I think that's what you were asking...Maybe I misunderstood you?

Here's what I did to my old Saleen: Took out tan leather seats( I never did like tan leather) sold them to my friend who had a tan cloth interior(which may have been manual to begin with...it was years ago and he totaled the car just after I sold him my old H pipe months later...which I indirectly felt guilty for because he was probably driving like an idiot because his car sounded better because of me...)
I put 01 cobra seats in my 96 gt (black leather with gray suede). Now I couldn't hook the 96 gt power connection with the 01 seats but the power drivers seat happened to be adjusted where I need it with respect to the rack - which is all I cared about because nobody but myself ever drove the car and even if they did I would'nt care if "My seat position" bothered them...The passengers side was a manual to begin with so no problems there, and despite the seller of the 01 cobra seats saying the "convertible 01 seats he was selling may not be compatible with a coupe" the back seat bolted in with NO problems.

Hope it helps and sorry if I misunderstood your question...

I guess I should have been more clear. I have a power GT seat in my car now. The passenger side is manual so that's not an issue. What I want to do is put in a good adjustable racing seat that will work with the existing power adjustable seat. I have a 5-point harness in there so I need a seat with the belt holes at the top, a little thinner padding at the bottom (need more room for my helmet, especially when I get the rest of the roll cage in there), definitely better side support for cornering (the GT seat is useless there).

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I have a power GT seat in my car now. The passenger side is manual so that's not an issue. What I want to do is put in a good adjustable racing seat that will work with the existing power adjustable seat. I have a 5-point harness in there so I need a seat with the belt holes at the top, a little thinner padding at the bottom (need more room for my helmet, especially when I get the rest of the roll cage in there), definitely better side support for cornering (the GT seat is useless there). I'm trying to build the first street legal, emission passing mustang to run in the Silver State Classic at 200mph. I still want the car to be comfortable enough to be my full-time street car for driving 300 miles a day.

Yeah, so you want a "race seat". Best advice, search junk yards or ebay for used deals. As far as compatability, I have never messed with them(I prefer cozy leather seats when I am doing 150mph+...) Other than that, you get what you pay for in most cases. I know there are other brands like Daytona "cobra" I believe(been years ago since I researched...) that should be more affordable. You will probably have compatability issues. Other than that you could leave the rest of your interior stock because if you are trying to do what you say you are with your "daily driver" than you will be taking the passenger and rear seats out, etc. the day you are going to race. So with that said you could just buy a cheap race seat that will just bolt in - use it for the track and then reinstall your old driver's seat when you are back to "daily driving"

:Track:

This isn't a full race car in the sense of gutted interior, no passenger seats, etc... I race it in Silver State Classic so in that environment, I have a passenger. I researched this heavily so when I use the term racing seat, I'm referring to a street comfortable (I don't like leather due to the heat in Az) seat with better lateral support and holes in the top for the belts. Preferable a stronger seat in case of accident would be good but the belts are bolted to the roll bar right behind the seat at shoulder level. I was just hoping to keep the electric adjustments since I drive it 5-6 hours at a time a few times a month. I do use the car for track days and drag racing but those are amateur events.