seeking info..

ndnstarr

Jan 12, 2009
hey all.. i am very new to this site. i have a 96 mustang that i bought almost 4 months aGO..I had miata before that but i wrecked it.. i took the insurance money and paid cash for the the stang.. anyhow to make a long story short.. i blew a head gasket after driving it for a feww months...

I feel dupped on this purchase.. but it only has like 49,000 miles on it.. plus the guy had it apinted, new tires and gave me aknew top to put on it because the one on it is a little aged!!!

Thank goodness i found someone to work on it for fraction of the pices the repair shop wanted to charge.

my question is has anyone else experience this witha car with such low milage?

does anyone know who i can get to put the top on.. reasonable prices need..

i look forward in learning about this car... i am female and i dont know much... i almost died when i went and got the gasket kit, header blots, oil,oil filter and anifreeze.

i need to know this car will be reliable.

thanks nicki

• Sponsors (?)

Hi Nicki, :welcome: to :SNSign:

Unfortunately, the earlier 3.8 V6 models had issues with headgasket failure, as you experienced. On a good note, it's not an indication of abuse by the previous owner, but on a bad note, it could happen again someday. Best I can recommend is to treat it fair, and it should return the favor. Don't feel bad about not knowing much, it'll come with time and we all had to start somewhere. In the meanwhile that's what we're here for. :)

Not really sure who you could have do the top, since I'm in IL, but I took the liberty of checking your IP address (have that privilege as staff) and discovered that you're near Albuquerque, NM. I did a quick Google search for some auto upholstery shops in the Albuquerque area, and came across this site, which could start you off in the right direction: link

thank u so much for the info.. i dont know if i will ever be that in to cars that i will have muc h knowledge but ido want to learn my car.

my fiance has a eclipse,turbo talon and a vette.. he had no interest in working on my car... go figure its not his babies.

everyone says i drive like an old woman so idont think iwill have problems with hotdogging it..

I have a 1998 V6 Mustang which I bought when it was 2 years old with 30,000 miles on it. I now have 144,000 miles on it and it has been very reliable. If you keep it maintained you should have no trouble with it. My car never gave me trouble with the head gaskets, but I have heard that is a problem with some of the earlier cars. Once you get this fixed you should be ok for a long time.