Seen on "World's Wildest Police Chases" tonight..

QangMartoq

Feb 27, 2004
Lakeland, FL
In Pinellas County, FL, a sheriff spots a car on the hot list: A white Ford Thunderbird Turbocoupe.

He flashes his lights, the Turbocoupe floors it.

(Cut to cop giving interview clip) "The Turbocoupe is.. A fast car"

(Back to chase) the cop warns him over the PA to give up - No good. The TC pulls around traffic, forcing cops to do the same - By the time cops get around it, he's a dot on he horizon. But this sheriff has a performance car too..

(Cut back to interview) "I was driving a 1993 Ford Mustang SSP - 5.0, upgraded suspension, brakes, everything.."

(Back to chase) The cop catches up to the TC real quick and gets on his PA again "Can't outrun me buddy, I got a 5.0!" The suspects soon bail out and run on foot, and are soon caught.

Thankfully no one was hurt, and the TC was not wrecked!

• Sponsors (?)

Heck yeah!

California used the 5.0 and built them to chase down the Porsche's. They actually called the 'Porsche Catchers'. They used the notch-0backs, as they were [supposively] the lightest and most nible.

QangMartoq said:
(Back to chase) The cop catches up to the TC real quick and gets on his PA again "Can't outrun me buddy, I got a 5.0!"

This is my favorite part of the whole story...I really would love to hear a Cop scream this through a P.A. system during a car chase. Does anyone got a link on this because I would love to see a 5.0 chasing a TC. I persoanly got dibs on the TC my self since it was built for open road racing unlike a 5.0L :rolleyes: I really don't care if the 5.0L is was/is built for Police use either.