Sequence Question

So I stripped the car down and on tap for repair are:
1) Both Front floor boards (just the front piece), seat pans and toe boards
2) Both frame rail floor supports
3) Replace Torque box (drivers side) and put in a TB on Pass side
4) Replace floor board crossmember

I would like suggestions on the sequence of performing the work.

Also, can I do this on the rotisserie or does it need to be on Jack stands

• Sponsors (?)

from what i know is that i would do this with the weight on the car aka on it's wheels when at all possible. if the weight is not in the right location from what i've learned is that it's a big possibility that fitment and or overall repair quality could be comprimised when fitting the panels with the load off the vehicle. If this makes it clearer, i once welded on a pair of subframe connectors on a two post lift. well once it was on the ground the car actually sat funny do do the bow of the car once in the air. so it was done on a drive on lift. Now of course your doing this without all of the wieght in it. It may be just fine.

I just did the driver's torque box, toe board and floor on my car. I think the order for you would be floor support, torque box, toe board, floors. Not sure when would be easiest for the crossmember. I would do one side at a time, so maybe when the second floor support came out I'd replace the crossmember. If you cut the toe board out, then the floor support and torque box gets much easier (more room to move around). I can post a link to some pics of my torque box replacement if you'd like.

Hopefully some of the more experienced restorers will chime in. I've only worked on jack stands, so thats all I know. Lots of jack stands and shims to get the car level. I think with a rotisserie you need to weld braces across the door openings and maybe across the cabin to make sure the car doesn't flex when you start cutting stuff out.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies.

2+2GT - What are your thoughts about jack stands or rotisserie?

Since I was going to cut one floor out at a time I'm not sure if flex will be an issue but I don't want to take any chances if some of you more experienced folks think otherwise

A rotisserie is fine once all structural repairs are finished. Before that, 4, 6, even 8 jacks might be required. This one required a 10-point support frame:

AC006.jpg

It now can be supported on a rotisserie:

AC5788.jpg

Change order:

1) Replace Torque box (drivers side) and put in a TB on Pass side and toe boards
2) Both frame rail floor supports
3) Replace floor board crossmember
4) Both Front floor boards (just the front piece), seat pans

Don't the torque boxes weld to the bottom of the floor supports? I would think the floor support would have to be replaced before the torque box, or at least at the same time. But I'm a rookie restorer, you definately know what you're doing. :)