Sequential Taillights

• Sponsors (?)

I'm building custom taillights for my car, 5 sets of LED lights per side, and I will need to figure out an electronic means of sequentially blinking them all. When I hear back from an electrical engineer that I know, I'll hopefully have the blinker unit figured out and I'll re-post here with info.

Hell, if all else fails, you could always get ahold of an aftermarket old Cougar sequential unit. I had a '68 Cougar years ago, and I took the blinker unit apart to service and clean it. It's really a very basic rotating cam w/breaker points setup, that wouldnt be too difficult to replicate if necessary.

Making them blink is a piece of cake. Just use a unit out of a 67-68 Cougar. And to top it off, if you don't like the old PITA intermittent working stoneage mechanical unit, they have been making a fully electronic replacement that plugs right into the existing wiring! The original Cougar setup was real simple, and with the addition of the full electronic unit, it's be a easy addition to your wiring. I know for a fact, they sell electrical manuals that are specific to the sequential signal syste, which woud definately aid in the installation. :nice:

Ok all of that would work great if our IIs had combined brake/turn signal systems like the cars you are describing. Since IIs have seperate brake light and turn signal systems those systems aren't just bolt-ons.

in case you haven't seen it......just got the May 04 issue of Mustangs & Fords and they have an tech feature on a new sequential taillight system for classic mustangs from Scott Drake Enterprises. You should be able to adapt one to a II.

roadsterII said:
in case you haven't seen it......just got the May 04 issue of Mustangs & Fords and they have an tech feature on a new sequential taillight system for classic mustangs from Scott Drake Enterprises. You should be able to adapt one to a II.

Cool. . . any way to scan a copy onto here?? or do they have it up on the net to read?? Im too cheap to buy a copy.