SES Light with new Magnaflow catted X-Pipe

Mustang46

Nov 21, 2003
Bartlett, IL
I have a Supercharged 2000 GT with Steeda tune (26000 Miles). I just had a Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe and Cat Back installed. I now have an SES light. Is it possible that one of the O2 sensors went bad while being moved? The light been on before the new exhaust. I tried resetting the computer and It came back on after a few miles. With an X-Pipe upgrade, what else can cause the SES to trip? I'm going tonight to have the code scanned to pinpoint it.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

huh ?

Was the light on before the exhaust install ? If so why do you believe it was the exhaust ? "The light been on before the new exhaust"

BTW- if that's not what you meant the added exhaust flow could have altered your Steeda tune to run rich, or lean which caused the O2 to trip the MIL light. With a blower on I'd believe the tune may be that sensative :shrug:

Hmmm...

The Steeda tune is supposed to be able to calibrate itself to intake and exhaust changes. At least that's what their web site states in the FAQS for their Superchargers Sytems.

An Excerpt...

Q. Can it be used with aftermarket exhaust and aftermarket gears?
A. Yes, you can use any cat-back kit on the market with our kit and any emissions legal X or H-pipe. Our calibration can be set for 3.27 3.55 or 3.73 rear gear ratios.

yeah that's true. The Steeda tune should adapt, but I don't see why you have to get MIL elim's if you have cats. Did you do the X pipe install ? You may have damaged an O2 :shrug: Get it scaned, and see. It will tell you exactly which 02 sensor is causing the light (if that's the source). But don't trust the local friendly Autozone / whatever employee to tell you which O2 sensor (the correct one) the code is referring to. Been there done that. They don't know. Get the code,and go.

Ive had the same problem on and off ever since i got my magnaflow cated X..
i just pull the neg on the battery for about 5 min or so and reconnect and poof no light.. Nock On Wood.. it hasnt come on for 6 months or more..

I know it sound like a cover-up job, but your computer just might need to be reset.. Yes Steeda Tune will adapt. but its just like a stock computer any added mod you should/need to reset your comp to relearn..

Hope that helps
Matt

I think the problem is solved. The codes came back that it was the O2 sensors on the right side. Turns out that the installer "forgot" to install the needed collector gasket. After I had him install it, the light hasn't been on since. Does this sound reasonable?

Mustang46 said:
I think the problem is solved. The codes came back that it was the O2 sensors on the right side. Turns out that the installer "forgot" to install the needed collector gasket. After I had him install it, the light hasn't been on since. Does this sound reasonable?

:nice:

if it comes back, either take it back to him or post the code on here and we can help....