Shaker 1000

70mustang460

Aug 17, 2005
I need a picture of shaker 1000 system in trunk?
And how it connects to car wiring harnest. Currently i have the shaker 500 and need to know how i can hook up the amps and sub in trunk to factory harnest.

• Sponsors (?)

A couple of weeks ago I had to remove the trunk Shaker 1000 amps and speaker enclosure to install my spoiler. Didn't take pictures. Basically, behind the speaker enclosure was a set of amps on a steel mounting plate (2 amps each side I think). There was a cable assembly that originated from the front of the car that plugged into the amp assembly and there were 2 cable pairs from the speaker enclosure that plugged into the amp assembly. What harness are you refering to above? I would doubt the Shaker 500 has the harness that runs to the Shaker 1000 sub location in the trunk. Also keep in mind that the head unit is different between the 500 and the 1000. A post factory upgrade from the 500 to the 1000 would seem to be a pretty expensive upgrade and a lot of effort and perhaps frustration. That said, the 1000 is well worth it. I had a hard time spending the $1000+ for the Shaker 1000 at order time, but it turned out to be well worth it. I'm really glad I got it. The system adds quite a bit of weight in the trunk. Individually carried the speaker enclosure and amps up the stairs to a safe storage place while I installed the spoiler. Felt like together they would probably weigh about 55 lbs.