Shaker 500 pre amp signal avialable

d3ll

Nov 24, 2007
Thought this might help. For anyone wanting to keep the factory shaker 500 like myself, but wants to add a little more bass, the shaker 500 does provide a usable pre amp signal.
This maybe common knowledge, but every forum I searched, people were resorting to either hi/lo adapters, or the soundgate piece. This solution is free, and sounds the best. The rear speakers are high passed, so don't use these. The little plug on the back of the radio is the subwoofer plug (J4). 4 wires are present. Pins 1 (Aux Aud +1) and pin 2 (Aux Aud -1) provide a clean and deep pre amp signal waiting to be tapped with RCAs. Splice a set of RCAs onto these wires, and you are set. Don't know about the shaker 1000, but I just did this mod today and it sounds SWEEEEET. If anyone needs help with this mod, email me, wnd3ll at aol dot com. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5967

• Sponsors (?)

I didn't take any pics, but if you contact me at my email or macdell on skype, I can help you out. I'll try to sketch something up. I will take it back down so I can get the picture. Trust me, it is worth it.

Hello from Germany,

I have a late 2007 GT Premium Convertible with factory Touch-DVD-Navigation-System since April 2009. The shaker 500 speaker-system is included. Now I want to upgrade the GPS-HU with the shaker 1000 subs and amps. The 8-pin connector J4 for pre amp sub-out (pins 1-4) is only for the front door-subs/amps. I have the complete harness and connectors for the shaker 1000 factory-installed. But the pre-out sub-signals are not present at pin 4-8 of J4 as it is when you have the shaker 1000 HU. Is it possible to connect the pins 1to5 (AUX AUD+), 2to6 (AUX AUD-), 3to7 (AUX AUD shield) and 4to8 (Enable/Mute) inside of the NAV-HU to get the signals for the shaker 1000 amps? I think it should work but don´t know if I get the low (deep) frequencies for the rear subs. Would be nice if anyone can help. I really want no aftermarket solution.
Thank you very much.

Is it true that this will only work if your amp has a differential balanced input?

Also I'm a bit uncomfortable just splicing RCA connectors on to the wires... could I T-TAP in an LOC converter easily? and then send an RCA wire to that LOC?

As far as impedance of my Sub and the OEM 8" subs, do I have anything to concern myself with here in terms of draw from the factory amps and my new aftermarket amp?