She died

CKYlndSpd21

Aug 4, 2004
Alright guys so my car just died. I turned a corner shifted into second and the car kind of lunged forward and died. I tried restarting it and I got nothing. Noticed i couldn't hear the fuel pump prime so i took that into consideration. Then I let her sit for a few minutes tried restarting it again and she started....but then died. Then I got out jumpered the fuel cut off switch and tried again. She started but then started to die. I then started pumping the gas and she stayed running but ridiciously rough. Like it was on two cylinders or something. Could it be electrical? Who ever owned my car before me totally f'ed up the electrical system. its all ghetto.

Could anyone tell me anything electrical that would keep the car from starting.

• Sponsors (?)

start cking all the stickies, jrichker has about a dozen checklists to run through for no-start and such...ck them out, and go from there...oh yeah, and +1 for the get rid of the ghetto stuff.

In going through JR's lists, I'd pay real attention to what your fuel pressure gauge says. If the car cools off and comes back to life, I'd let it idle safely until it starts to stumble. You might see FP dropping off at that time.

Good luck.