Shock Tower Replacement And Mustang Ii Front End

I could use a little clarification. I've read some rather ambiguous posts. If I install the mustang II from end, must I replace my disintegrating shock tower? My drivers side shock tower has a foot long stress fracture and it's undrivable. Since fixing the tower would require the engine to be pulled, is it possible to just skip that and install the mustang II front end from the kit in the link below. I'm sorry ahead of time for using an ebay link, I will update it with a permanent link when the shop sends me their website info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13048769528...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_3235wt_1163

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like either way, I am forced to pull the engine. The kit doesn't come with filler plates, anyone know where to find them as I assume that a mechanic will charge outrageous amounts to fabricate the new plates. Damn faulty shock towers. Costing me an arm and a leg to replace them.

Do you use different motor mounts with this kit or will the stock 67 ones work? I have not been on this forum for a couple of years waiting for my 67 shelby clone to be painted, this seems like a pretty good price to upgrade the front end...

Well, this plan is over. I'm just going to replace the old shock tower. I finally got a call back from a mechanic and just the work for installing the mustang II front end is ~$3000.

Instead, my new plan is since the engine has to be pulled to replace the shock tower, what work should I have done to the suspension/steering/brakes to upgrade. I have stock manual brakes and stock power steering. I'm guessing the knocking in the suspension while I drove was the shock tower sheering, so that is not going to be an issue any longer. Also, are there any known differences between the original shock towers and the replacements? Are the replacements stronger so that this never happens again, and should I replace the passenger's side also while I'm at it just to be safe.

i use dynacorn towers ,the fit is great they are made from much beter grade of steel
than the origionals ,i would inspect the other tower very well front and back ,check around the spott welds they like to crack there if you see any cracks replace it as well.
with the motor out now would be the time to do it,also the holes drilled in the towers for grease access is not a good idea it weakens them ,inspect the upper a arm shafts, spring seats the reason the holes were drill may be a sighn the shafts may have been causing problems ,inspect the rest of the suspension componits if they look questionable replace them as well to replace the towers you will have to remove the front approns to get the new tower in place ,its not to difficult ,take measurements
before you start cutting ,length ,height width or have a nother car to measure from