• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Suspension Shocks And Struts

  • Thread starter Thread starter ADRENLN
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2013

ADRENLN

Active Member
Apr 16, 2003
2,342
3
49
NJ
May 5, 2013
#1
  • May 5, 2013
  • #1
what are you guys doing for suspension as far as shocks and struts?I'm going with the Steeda Springs and looking forgood but inexpensive shocks and struts to go with the springs. would the bullet shocks and struts work II think I remember some guys using it
 

earleys94gt

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
1,223
16
49
Ashley, Ohio
May 6, 2013
#2
  • May 6, 2013
  • #2
Depending on the amount of drop with the Steeda springs, is going to affect the choice of shock/strut.

KYB's are a good stock replacement, as are Tokico's, Koni's.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sda-555-8406/overview/make/ford/model/mustang
 

ked263

Member
Oct 7, 2012
70
3
9
May 6, 2013
#3
  • May 6, 2013
  • #3
for now I am using strange shocks and coil over kit from upr, handling is good, but some noise coming out from them because there is no rubber parts
 

Sharad

ALWAYS choose the V over the P!!! Wait... what?
Jan 5, 2011
1,562
480
94
Fort Myers, Florida
May 7, 2013
#4
  • May 7, 2013
  • #4
I ran Strange 10-ways on my daily driven 2004 GT. They worked well, and didn't make any noise on my car.
 

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
6,037
35
129
Olathe KS
May 7, 2013
#5
  • May 7, 2013
  • #5
I actually bought take offs from an 04 GT. Someone local still had a stock pile with less than 10 miles, so I bought a set of 4 for about $70. Price was right and best of all, they are factory fit, finish and quality. Now that these cars are a bit older, I am certain there's nothing like that available anymore (and I would have second thoughts about storing them that long). I may have to consider replacement in the next 20-30k miles though. That was 4 years and 55k miles ago.
 

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
560
0
27
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
May 10, 2013
#6
  • May 10, 2013
  • #6
I'm on my second set of Tokico blues (HP Series). The first struts had blown out because I'm lowered about 2 inches in the front. Now that I'm on the second pair of Blues, the driver side one has blown out again. I'm going to try a set of Konis next, but ones made for the Foxbody as they are about an inch shorter. That might be better for my setup. Good luck with your choice, and let us know what you end up going with.
 

ADRENLN

Active Member
Apr 16, 2003
2,342
3
49
NJ
May 27, 2013
#7
  • May 27, 2013
  • #7
So I guess that its safe to say the tokicos suck since they blow out?. Do any of you use the ebach pro damper kit for shocks and struts. I would be using with steeda springs
 

ADRENLN

Active Member
Apr 16, 2003
2,342
3
49
NJ
May 27, 2013
#8
  • May 27, 2013
  • #8
Btw the steeda springs drop about 1 1/4 inches
 

PULMEOVR

I need a bigger E-Penis.
Sep 29, 2003
560
0
27
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
May 27, 2013
#9
  • May 27, 2013
  • #9
ADRENLN said:
So I guess that its safe to say the tokicos suck since they blow out?. Do any of you use the ebach pro damper kit for shocks and struts. I would be using with steeda springs
Click to expand...

In my experience, yes. I just picked up a set of these (http://www.americanmuscle.com/kyb-agx-8793-adjustable-strut.html) and I'm going to install them next week. Hopefully they last longer. They are Fox struts so they are 1 inch shorter, so hopefully they don't blow out as easily.
 

03_TrueBlue_GT

Active Member
May 5, 2010
810
41
29
Houston, Tx
May 28, 2013
#10
  • May 28, 2013
  • #10
Im running Tokico Blues and love them, of course my Mustang isn't lowered at all.
 
8

89lxsport50

10 Year Member
Feb 25, 2003
550
5
39
Franklin Tennessee
May 29, 2013
#11
  • May 29, 2013
  • #11
ADRENLN said:
So I guess that its safe to say the tokicos suck since they blow out?. Do any of you use the ebach pro damper kit for shocks and struts. I would be using with steeda springs
Click to expand...

I have the Eibach Pro Dampers along with Eiback Pro Kit springs. I like them. They are firm enough, but don't jar your teeth out.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Ebay Lowering springs
  • Canyonred86
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
218
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Qtrhrse23
Suspension Harsh Ride
  • PonyGTrider
  • Mar 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3 4
Replies
62
Views
2K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 11, 2026
Noobz347
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
581
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
H
New here and thanks
  • HoosierD420
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
100
The Welcome Wagon Aug 30, 2026
HoosierD420
H
MRT hood struts shocks need replacement - where to get?
  • TTSaleen
  • Feb 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
294
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 10, 2026
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?