Short Shifter argument

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Me and my friend are having an argument about short shifters. He thinks if he cuts an inch or two out of his shifter height it will be a short throw shifter. He's wrong isn't he? I dont have a stick, so I don't really know about them, but..?

• Sponsors (?)

Synned said:
Me and my friend are having an argument about short shifters. He thinks if he cuts an inch or two out of his shifter height it will be a short throw shifter. He's wrong isn't he? I dont have a stick, so I don't really know about them, but..?
i welded a short throw handle that looks like a smaller triax handle, and the throw is a little shorter, although the mechanism inside is still stock it feels shorter only........

^ What Nik Said.

If that were the case you could buy that POS replacement handle from UPR and save $150 bucks. If that worked there would be a lot of companies out of business real quick. I have a Steed Tri-Ax and it was like driving a whole new car when I got it in.

i dont have a stick myself, but from what i understand... even though yes there would be a shorter throw between shifts since you would literally move your hand shorter to hit the shifts..the real short throw mechanism in the aftermarket shifters is achieved due to the distance from the end of the shift rod that connects to the trans and the pivot point... this reduces the actual travel of the upper portion of the shifter...(aftermarket shifters have this a little higher to increase the distance between) so yes and no...