should I even mod it?

• Sponsors (?)

Well i say if you have a passion for power and don't mind spending money getting it, go for it.
It really depends on what you want out of the car and your budget? Are you looking to be the fastest thing on the street? If you're looking at just being a quick sub 13 or high 12 second daily...thats not very difficult. There are PLENTY of SOHC 2v's on the forum who will agree that it doesn't take much to be quick. Mild cam, Gears, Tune, exhaust, intake and a set of grippy tires will go a long way. I guess it really depends on what you have in mind?

I like the fact that when I bought my car back in 2006 it was completely stock with 8,xxx miles and was driven by a chick who left to study abroad and decided to stay there so her father sold her car.
Bone stock 2000 mustang Gt 5-speed (2006)
L/T, full exhaust, Tune, D/S, suspension mods, intake, 3.73 gears (2007) 263/315
Built motor, supporting mods, built drivetrain, supercharged and a blast to drive (2011). 444/489

A lot of money spent but i enjoy my car and never started to mod with the intent to get what i put in back. But hey some people don't think its worth the cost? Its all opinion man.

Ill have to say i agree with GT above, but in my case i did an entire swap from a supercharged 302 (that i blew), to an 02 2v (that i just happened to have laying around), and considering the amount of work that went into it, im not as happy. After all, i ended up with a bone stock motor that has a way diff powerband among other things, and is taking some time to get use to. If i could respend all the money to do it over again id get a termi motor, however, as stated before atleast i already had my motor and i know the 2v's are a great foundation to build alot of power with basic boltons and a small amt of boost.

We need more info! What mods are done and what will be your goals? They are very fun cars! Obviously they are NOT boosted Cobras and will take some more money to reach the power levels of the cobra but you can attain 400 wheel horse with ease. This is a rough estimate of what people seem to be making with PI 2v cars.

.330whp with full bolt ons, heads and cams NA.
.370-420 with an inter cooled centrifugal or roots style blower on stock top end.
.470 with heads, cam and blower with stock bottom end.
.600+ with built bottom end, heads, cam and high boost.

Build it and have fun with it!

To be sure, the mod motor has come a long way since the 1999 "PI" revamp of the original 2V. No one can dispute that a 444HP normally aspirated 4V sure is sweet. In addition, the New Edge chassis pales in many ways to the S197 of the later cars. It's flexy, ergonomically challenged and, from certain points of view, the plasticky tack-on scoops and whatnot are a little tacky.

Whether or not the 2V is "worth it" is a question only you can answer for yourself. There are countless guys out there that could take that car and, with less than $5K, have it producing more power and torque than that fancy Roadrunner and for another grand or two, have it handle and brake nearly as well, while coming in tens of thousands less than a new $41K Boss 302. You could build that motor internally, slap some TFS heads and a Kenne Bell and make 600++ HP and buy a second New Edge GT you could use as a daily driver and still not touch the price of a new Boss.

Hmmm well I guess 360HP and 365LBS of TQ on 8LBS of boost from my crummy little 2v is nothing. Man I wish someone had told me this a long time ago before I dropped that 5GS on that KB.

Seriousley who ever is telling you that doesn't know jack **** about cars. There are 2v guys out there making 800RWHP with turbo setups. 500HP seems to be the norm with built engines and boost. If that isn't worth time and money then what is? Yes you can make similar or more power with other engines but its still going to cost you $$$ no matter how you slice it. Start off with a new GT500 and you still need to drop 5-6gs on a new blower to make anything north of 630 or so plus you still have to buy the $50,000 car to start with.

I wonder if you are talking to the same D-bag ricers that I have? They all claimed that you can't run boost on a stock mustang engine and wont race me because I have a blower and must be lying about my HP and TQ. B*&&@S!

Hmmm well I guess 360HP and 365LBS of TQ on 8LBS of boost from my crummy little 2v is nothing. Man I wish someone had told me this a long time ago before I dropped that 5GS on that KB.

Seriousley who ever is telling you that doesn't know jack **** about cars. There are 2v guys out there making 800RWHP with turbo setups. 500HP seems to be the norm with built engines and boost. If that isn't worth time and money then what is? Yes you can make similar or more power with other engines but its still going to cost you $$$ no matter how you slice it. Start off with a new GT500 and you still need to drop 5-6gs on a new blower to make anything north of 630 or so plus you still have to buy the $50,000 car to start with.

I wonder if you are talking to the same D-bag ricers that I have? They all claimed that you can't run boost on a stock mustang engine and wont race me because I have a blower and must be lying about my HP and TQ. B*&&@S!

5G for 360 horse is pathetic.. I originally had a 2V and of you want to make any more than 400 horse, its not worth the time or money. I love new edge mustangs, but the 2V is a huge downer, especially considering what a 2011 GT makes or what can be done with a 302

5G for 360 horse is pathetic.. I originally had a 2V and of you want to make any more than 400 horse, its not worth the time or money. I love new edge mustangs, but the 2V is a huge downer, especially considering what a 2011 GT makes or what can be done with a 302

LoL darkside03gt.....I deal with those same ricers every single day at work!!!!!! Everyday they find the need to tell me how much mustangs suck and that I should of got a Civic and did a K Series swap and it will kill all mustangs. I respect all cars and it pisses me off because not ONE will ever say anyting nice about any mustang. I give them a ride and the look on there face is priceless when they feel that instant torque versue there 8,000 rpm 150ft lbs. They still talk crap and tell me its not worth the time and money. Don't listen to ricers or chevy guys :).

TurboGT a blower setup on a 2v versus an NA 4.6 4v with the same blower setup is actually not that hugh of a difference. An inter cooled, cammed boosted 2v will make about the same as your car or any NA 4.6 4v. Both cars tend to bite the bullet at 450ish.

TurboGT a blower setup on a 2v versus an NA 4.6 4v with the same blower setup is actually not that hugh of a difference. An inter cooled, cammed boosted 2v will make about the same as your car or any NA 4.6 4v. Both cars tend to bite the bullet at 450ish.

If I ever seen ought another 2V I would throw on the $3699 JMS Vortech and call it a day.. the 2V has no problem getting to 4-450 horse, but if you want any more than that its an absolute waste of time and money. I feel even worse for guys who bought 2010 GTs and then a few months later a 412 horse 6 speed replaced their 315 horse 5 speed for the same price

I have a 2004 mustang Gt, with some mods on it but some say just quit. What is your guys thoughts on this subject, guys say the 2v sohc isn't worth the time and money.

Well your asking a bunch of mustang guys if their car is worth the time and money they spent, I can pretty much speek for everyone here when I say mistakes were made along the way and yes there are lots of things that will be done differently next time, BUT it's still your car and you like it because it's your car. %$&# the nay-sayers. The people telling you 2v isn't worth the time or money are either tuners (who think it's impressive to fly past you at 80 while your doing 55 on the highway) or chevy guys (who will always think their discontinued cars are better than your car), does it really matter what they think? You need to start hanging out with 2v mustang owners!

Uh ya you still have to spend the 35,000 on the car. So you are saying its not worth it to buy an older gt and add a blower? Yes I could have have kept my vortech but I wanted low end tq. To ME it was worth it because I own my car flat out. People could say the same about your setup using the same analogy!

Alright I want a mid 12sec car, that's not to much to ask. My mods right now are, bbk underdrive pulleys,jlt cold air, bbk off road xpipe,40 series mufflers, pro 5.0 shifter, and a bama tune.
Check out my sig., I can run mid 12's all day, and one night when I was really paying attention I hit 11.94. 2v's can be build up to 600+ hp if you forge your motor like I did after I blew the stock one up.

Just in speaking from my own personal experience, I think a 2v is the way to go. I looked for a terminator for months, and could only find them overpriced or with 120,000mi. I stole my convertible for $8000 with 55,000mi last spring. So throw on let's say $8000 for a Kenne belle system, the 315 nittos with rims, cams and any other mods you see fit ur still under the price of the terminator and with fewer miles. Some people (like myself) are no fan of the '10+ mustangs (no offense to anyone). I think a mustang should be edgy and hard cornered not all rounded and squished like a Honda accord. And like other people stated ur gonna pay for that newer car. That makes 125 more horses.