• Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk

Should I have it looked at?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Quarinteen
  • Start date Start date Aug 12, 2018
Q

Quarinteen

New Member
Aug 12, 2018
2
0
1
Las Vegas
Aug 12, 2018
#1
  • Aug 12, 2018
  • #1
Hello everyone I’m Scott live in Vegas. I just purchased a 2018 eco-boost I am the first owner and 20 miles on it I have a seven Mustang previous to this but I have never owned a eco-boost I am wondering if I need to have this looked at launching off of the wind or even shifting gears and hitting the gas there is a huge hesitation before I get any power Is this normal with the eco-boost version is there anything I can do to correct this? Thanks for the help.
 
B

BWG

New Member
Aug 21, 2018
6
0
1
Laurelville, OH
Aug 21, 2018
#2
  • Aug 21, 2018
  • #2
Is it the base ecoboost? If so, this may be typical depending on the length of time it delays. My 18 GT has the same delay. It can be fixed with a tune or an override add-on controller.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
S302 Saleen supercharger help
  • sschoup
  • Nov 19, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
2
Views
434
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Nov 19, 2025
sschoup
S
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
354
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Mustang II V6 conversion to V8 HO and T5 problems and solutions
  • greenflash79
  • Jul 6, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
42
Views
2K
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Yesterday at 11:43 PM
greenflash79
J
Hello all, I have returned from a hiatus... Update and Questions
  • JackH
  • Aug 13, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
6
Views
392
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Aug 15, 2025
JackH
J
Drivetrain 83’ Glx convertible C5 Trans help!
  • JacksonJared2113
  • Dec 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
463
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 26, 2025
JacksonJared2113
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?