Should I Keep the EGR or Not

Olivethefet

I will own your nuts! LOL
5 Year Member
May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
I took the intake off my car the other day and the EGR isn't in that great of shape. The vacuum line has been replaced with a screw and epoxy and there appears to be a lot of carbon buildup. All the smog equipment had already been removed when I got the car. The state I live in doesn't require emissions testing so that isn't an issue. I bought a delete kit, but thought I would ask the masses what the cons were before I blocked it off. At this point with the other smog stuff gone is it doing much? There is a line going from the valve cover to the throttle body spacer. Thanks for the advice! 20190108_202832.jpg 20190108_202907.jpg 20190108_202841.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The egr valve helps to keep combustion temperatures down inside the engine. You can go without it but you will need to take the plastic piece off the top and plug the harness in. Without doing that the check engine light might come on.

The kit I got from LMR has the plugin adapter that is supposed to take care of the check engine light. I don't know if it corrects the IGN adder. If it is going to affect the tune I'll just put it back on for now and delete it when I make other changes and plan to have the care re-tuned. I'm not hell bent on getting rid of it. I just wasn't sure of the effects. The way it looks now I thought it might be hurting more than helping. Also, with the vacuum connection removed I didn't know if I needed to get a new EGR with all the correct fittings. Thanks for all the input!