should i sell my 94 cobra? (just bought a 93 cobra)

fords2fast4u

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2000
Mission Viejo, CA
So I bought this 93 cobra because... when i was first getting into mustangs, i wanted a black 95 GT 5 spd, but back in 2000 those cars were around 10-11K and i couldn't afford one. So i found this 89GT 5 spd for 3500 and bought it... and fell in love with it. I sold that car when i had enough money for a procharged 95 GTS. Dumb move to go to a car with NO options, so i went for the 94 cobra that was lightly modded and loved it. The problem was that ever since i sold my 89, i've always wanted another fox. I bought an 88 GT t tops, but that car was junk, so i sold it. Now i buy this 93 cobra and a bunch of parts to put in a 351W stroker and build a BA fox... now here's the delima:

I haven't driven my 94 more than 2k miles a year for several years now b/c i go to school in NY and the car is in OK. I will be done with school in a year and be an officer in the Army.
I could use the money, but don't HAVE to sell the 94. I've had the car for 5 years and still love it. Not to mention that i can't get half of what i have in it for it if i sell it.
I probably won't drive it very much ever again, as a more efficient DD is more practical.

i just don't know if having two cobras at 24 is a good idea (reasonable)

what do you guys think? (if you read this far, thanks! lol):SNSign:

If you dont have to dont. Its better to have it there in case you ever need it whether its for transportation or sell it to get out of a pinch later. Chances are you can probably get the same for it this year or next yr.

Don't be like me man... I sold my mustang and went and bought another mustang week later. My girlfriend was pissed. but now she loves me because i gave her one. LMAO. WOMAN SUCK!!!

My first reaction was sell it and get a crotch rocket since having a Mustang and a bike would be amazing. Then I saw that you have an R6 haha. So yeah, idk, keep it I guess.

Another option would be to make one of them a drag car if you are into racing.

WOW guys, overwhelming support for keeping it! Damn.

What i think will happen is I'll get home and look at it and not be able to sell it. I just love the way the car sits on those 18's and i just think it's a great looking ride.

Money would be tighter if i didn't sell it, but i think i'll sell my bike soon anyways... and i don't think i can ignore a 9-0 vote! lol

thanks guys!

On the having the 93 and the 94. I love many mustangs: the old fastback, the fox, SN-95, the newer mach 1s, 03-04 snakes, and the new shelbys

So one day I hope to have a mod motored one, but i've always been partial to the pushrod

here's the 93 and the 383 Windsor going in it in a week!

Attachments

• cobra7.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 107
and plus there's some guys with 94-95's that just can't sell there's in great shape for 6k! I wouldn't expect to get more than 5 for mine in the condition that it's in.

it could use a paint job and a new tranny... lol

so it looks like I'll keep it then.

thanks guys! I need that confirmation. :SNSign:

Glad you're keeping it - on a side note, I missed a chance to buy a '94 yesterday that had "9k in mods and a 3k paint job" and the guy was only asking $5,500 for it. Car is probably sold by now.

Keep'em both!!! Congrats on the Cobra buy, its an awesome car and I get tons of compliments on mine even though its in less than stellar shape. I've had thoughts of selling either one of my Mustangs, but I think I'd miss them too much and I'd live the rest of my life in painful regret.

well, I actually ran into a slew of problems this summer with the two cars.

the 93 needed a new DS, no problem. But it also needed new rear end bushings and the rear frame connector (that goes from one rear sub-frame to the other, above the rear end, had cracked where the upper control arm mount is welded in there... so i had to weld that up too. Didn't really get it put back together beforer i came up here.

the 94 is a different story. I pulled the 302 and T-5 and sold most of the performance parts throughout the summer. Went to put in the used 383 that I'd bought and found out (as i took it apart before throwing it in) that the block was .060 over with scratched cylinder walls = bad block. Got a new block and found out the pistons (ROSS XL400's) were too worn to reuse. The X303 cam wasn't compatable with the 302 roller lifters with the dogbone/spider retaining system, so I had to try and track down some retro-fit roller lifters and was going to order a custom cam for it, but didn't because by the time i was going to have the new block machined, order new pistons and possibly a better crank, I wasn't going to have time to finish it.

whoever put the engine together really did it all wrong, the rod bolts weren't even torqued and I really got hosed on the deal. Guess I won't be buying used engine parts anymore, because this isn't the first time I've ran into such trouble.

Now I have both cars at home and i had to sell my R6 to buy a jeep grand cherokee to drive back to school. I guess they'll have to wait until next summer after i graduate.

hey parchisi - we have some things in common! both a fox and a sn-95, you go to USAFA, and I go to USMA. My new TAC is MAJ Winans, a female Air Force officer from USAFA. do you know her? its a small world so maybe you do.