Should I stay close to stock?

Triple White 91

May 24, 2007
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the site. I would like to say I'm glad to have found a site where people talk and discuss mods/repairs etc. on fox 5.0's. There are not many 5.0's in my neck of the woods these days or many people around who have a lot of knowledge on specific questions with respect to these cars, so stumbling across this site was a life saver. Anyway, I have a triple white (interior, exterior, top) 91 gt 5.0 5 spd. convertible with approx. 159,000 km (100,000 miles) on the car (and no, I didn't get the car from Vanilla Ice). The car to my knowledge was all original when I bought it in the summer of 2004 from the origional owner, with the exception of aftermarket rims (Prime 17's pollished aluminum), tires (245/45/17 front and 275/40/17's rear Good Year Eagle something), a lowering kit (approx. 2 inches not sure what brand) and a K@N pannel filter. Last summer I added a Magna Flow stainless X pipe with cats and a Magna Flow stainless cat back exhaust along with a BBK fender mount cold air intake. The car sounds much smoother and pulls harder higher up in the rps, not to mention the fact that I'm getting 40 to 50 more km's per tank after the slight mods (and my right foot has not eased off). The car runs excellent. It doesn't burn or leak anything (knock on wood) and passed emissions when I bought it. My question to you people is if I should LEAVE THE CAR ALONE!!!! I was thinking of changing the the MAF to the 70 mm 94-95 stang version and the top and bottom intake manifold to the Edlbrock Performer 5.0. Based on your experiences, what should I do? There is no track or 1/4 mile strip around here to go on. The city I live in is only about 115,000 people so there are few major highways or interstate roade to travel on consistantly. The majority of my driving is from stop light to stop light from May to the end of October (the car has never seen or will ever see a winter and has no rust ANYWHERE!!) What do you think? If it ain't broke, don't fix it? or should I continue on with some more mods? Your input as a fox stang 5.0 community whould be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

First off welcome to the site! There are tons of very helpful people on here that would be more than willing to give you ideas on what to do. Let us know a little more about your intentions with the car and we can better help you. Do you want to make it handle better? Do you want straight line performance or corner carving performance? Do you just want a little more power or do you want an all out stoplight to stoplight weekend warrior?

i think i'm in the same kind of situation as you. I assume you're in canada (using km's not miles???) as am i. I live in a smaller city, ~80,000, and my car has less km's, ~120,000, and about ~10,000 on original rebuilt engine. My car is very clean, all around, but I see no end in modding my car, except for $$$! Don't be worried about decreasing the value or anything by modding. Once the miles start getting higher (such as ours) it really doesn't matter. Unless it is ALL original, VERY low milage, it will not be a collector car. Make it into what YOU want! that's the best part about these cars. Thats why the aftermarket is so huge! I also would recommend some subframe connectors as a first mod, especially since it's a vert. Also, get some pics on here already! :nice: