Sick Computer?

If the filter is wet that could slow air flow. i would think that could cause issues.

The sensors read rich. Lack of air flow.
Dirty maf
Maybe a sensor.

Well I pulled the MAF and air cleaner out and it was FILTHY. I guess I never thought to check it because I maintain mine and the idea of it getting that bad never occurred to me. I knocked a few ounces of crud out of the filter. It was terrible. The elbow leading to the MAF had something in the bottom of it the consistancy of tree sap mixed with ground up charcoal. The MAF, of course was also coated in black poo. Hopefully this will do the trick. soon as the air filter dries we'll know!

• Sponsors (?)

Well I pulled the MAF and air cleaner out and it was FILTHY. I guess I never thought to check it because I maintain mine and the idea of it getting that bad never occurred to me. I knocked a few ounces of crud out of the filter. It was terrible. The elbow leading to the MAF had something in the bottom of it the consistancy of tree sap mixed with ground up charcoal. The MAF, of course was also coated in black poo. Hopefully this will do the trick. soon as the aif filter dries we'll know!

Sounds like you will see improvements

Check the tach gear too. False rpm readings screws with the eec.

I will. Its going to be awesome!
The main bearings are the normal Lotus O-delta type. But they are placed in panendermic semiboloid slots.
The boost is being controlled by a non-reversible Termey pipe to the differential girdle spring on the up end of the grammeters.

FYI, codes P0420 and P0430 always refer to the catalytic converter not functioning. These codes ONLY come on if the rear 02 sensor is switching at the same rate as the front 02 sensor. If the catalytic converter is working correctly the rear 02 sensor will switch at a much slower rate than the front 02. Because of this it is VERY rare for codes P0420 and P0430 to be caused by bad 02 sensors as the sensors have to work to generate this code. This does not mean that your particular problem is caused by catalytic converters not working. They could be bad and the car would still run OK. I bet your issue is more related to your MAF. The above was to help clarify what is going on in your case.

Reactions: 1 user
FYI, codes P0420 and P0430 always refer to the catalytic converter not functioning. These codes ONLY come on if the rear 02 sensor is switching at the same rate as the front 02 sensor. If the catalytic converter is working correctly the rear 02 sensor will switch at a much slower rate than the front 02. Because of this it is VERY rare for codes P0420 and P0430 to be caused by bad 02 sensors as the sensors have to work to generate this code. This does not mean that your particular problem is caused by catalytic converters not working. They could be bad and the car would still run OK. I bet your issue is more related to your MAF. The above was to help clarify what is going on in your case.

I think the cats were just so loaded with fuel they couldn't work properly. Drove it about 20 miles after cleaning the maf and so far it's behaving. I'm gonna cross my fingers, but I ain't countin my chickens. This is about the third time it's staightened out, only to throw another light.. I'll drive it to work tomorrow and we'll see.

Thanks for the info, BTW!:nice:

Little update.. I cleaned the goo off the maf with an entire can of gumout.. and the car seems to be fixed. Still throwing a code on insufficient catalyst, the PO installed high flow cats. I'm going tomorrow to get MIL eliminators.