silly fuel pump circuit wiring problem making me mad

Car started and ran fine, got to my gf's house. Went to leave and once again fuel pump wont prime. I get 12v at inertia switch (not tripped) eec power relay turns on and i get 12v at the yellow wire, tan green and the red black on the fuel pump relay! So i swapped the eec power relay with that one and it does the same thing, so i ruled out the relay itself. I also tried jumping the fuel pump using the diagnostic connector but got nothing.....wont prime, where to go from here? How do i check the fusible links under the hood, there are a lot of them and i dont know which ones do what....

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know the history of your vehicle so here is what I think based on the info you've given.

I would say that the eec isn't grounding the fuel pump relay. I forget which color the wire is (ground on control side of relay) but you should check and make sure it has zero resistance to ground when the key is primed. If it does NOT then I would bet money that the power to your eec is not there. Did you short anything out? Check the fusible links up front and I bet you'll find your culprit.

If it's blown then just cut it off and replace it with a low amp blade style fuse holder...

good luck

Drew

The Pink/ black wire should have voltage when the relay engages. The Pink/Black wire feeds the pump
Go back and ground the Fuel pump manually at the Test Connector, then see if you have power at the Pink/Black wire

good suggestion i jumped it and it now has power, but what does that mean? i also have 12v all the way back to the pump but no prime, so what now? Oh and the yellow at the fuel pump only has well toggles between 5.4 and zero v So what now? Thank you sooo much