Silver 2003 SVT Cobra Question

Leprechon777

Dec 8, 2005
Hey, I just sadly sold my 2001 mustang GT but for a good reason, to get a 2003 svt cobra :) I have heard many silver cars paint fading and was wondering if this was the case with the 2003 silver cobra paint? If so, is there a way to stop it from fading? Anymore comments about the silver would be great, thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Leprechon777 said:
Hey, I just sadly sold my 2001 mustang GT but for a good reason, to get a 2003 svt cobra :) I have heard many silver cars paint fading and was wondering if this was the case with the 2003 silver cobra paint? If so, is there a way to stop it from fading? Anymore comments about the silver would be great, thanks
This is the first I've head about any problems with the silver. I know the Oxford White Mustangs are known to have a problem with the bumpers, side-scoops, and other plastic trim pieces yellowing.

U.M.

I know for a fact that the white ones are a problem. I have seen many 94-98 white stangs with the paint falling right off!! Although I believe that it is only the 1996's. I have seen 94-98 silver mustangs look pretty bad, and I have seen 87-04 red mustangs look bad too. I would just keep it out of the sun, and keep it clean and waxed. But really there is nothing you can do, it is just the way Ford preps the cars before they are painted.

all cars fade, but in most cases you can buff the surface to like new if you work at it. It is better if you regularly polish and wax the car to keep the surface looking nice and protected. Silver doesn't fade as bad as red does, nor does it oxidize like red. But neither would look bad if someone spent a few hours a month with some quality cleaner polish and wax. Just don't use a power buffer to do the work unless you know what you are doing. It is a good way to burn thru any sharp edges.

LW