SLP Line Lock install...

Casey4s

Sep 1, 2007
Woodbridge, VA
I installed an SLP line lock kit on my 05 GT last week with the help of "kooldawg6". I got to test it at the drag strip yesterday and it works as advertised.

The SLP kit comes with a toggle switch but I liked the idea of a momentary push button switch instead, and mounted the switch in my front cup holder where it is easy to access.

the key... is that to activate the line lock....?

Yes, I liked where I put the push button, but I was afraid that an unathorized person (like a parking garage, or gas station mechanic etc) might think it is a plaything. So I installed the key switch to "ARM" the system. It is probably not really necessary but what the heck. If it was in a more discreet location I might not bother.

Glad it finally got worked out for you Too bad we couldn't get it done on the original install day

What's it for??? Saves your rear brakes from the abuse caused by dozens and dozens of burnouts...like my car suffered! He and I changed out my brakes about a month ago and the rear inside pads were already wearing away the rivot AND the rotor I will have line lock on my car before hitting the track next year!