Small amps? Disappointing USA

Jobodizo

Sep 20, 2010
Hey Everybody.

First time posting on this forum....

I was wondering if anybody knew of any mini amps that could fit easily under the dash of a 65? I wasted $300 on a USA66 a couple of years ago after spending good money on Infinity Kappa speakers (6.5 in kicks 6x9 in rear), and now it sounds like my little nephew's pound puppy radio. Like to keep the USA cause it looks good.

They make tiny amps all the time for aftermarket cd players...anything that size on amps? Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

while there are small footprint amps, they are generally low power output amps, often times less than 60 watts. why not step up to a good 300 watt amp that bolts to the underside of the package shelf? by the way the other problem with amps is heat generation, and small amps tend to fail regularly because they dont dissipate heat well.

I have a 100 watt Optimus amp from high school running my 6x9s in the package tray. It sounds better than 2 other 200-300 watt Pioneer and some other brand amps I tried fairly recently. I just kept the Radio Shack amp since it works better. I think that alot of the stuff like that from the 90s is made better than it is today. This setup gets pretty loud and still sounds clean.

I normally spend my time on the 4.6 stuff but you should check out this amp. I know the price is pretty high but if you want to do it right the 1st time this is the amp. Depending on how many speakers you have you can use a 2 or 4 channel amp. 4 channels are usually for mid range speakers. The best thing about the amp is its digital and does not need to dissipate heat like the older amps do.
Alpine PDX-F4 4-channel car amplifier — 100 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield Signature

I know this might be a bit late, but we,Phoenix Gold recemtly released our "small block" amps. The 4 channel is 400 watts and the monoblock is 1000 watts. We tested the 1000 watt to put out over 1300 watts. i have these in my 06 GT and 65 fastback and they can fit almost anywhere. they are about 9.9"L x 6.9"W x 2.1"H.

I'm using this small amp (Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT RMS: 75 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm ) in my restored 1966 Mustang coupe. There was no prob connect it to the in-dash head unit. Amp provides clean power and sound is loud and clear without being rowdy. Also, it's super small so you can fit it in the center console or in the trunk. Hope his help.