SN95 convertible rear quarter windows

Bee

Dec 7, 2019
Florida
Does anyone know how to repair the rear quarter power windows on convertibles? It seems that the glass has come unglued from a bracket or the regulator or something. I'd like to know more before I start dismantling my car to find out I'm not able to fix it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I just did this a couple months ago. The glue that keeps the mounting bracket against the glass has failed. I was all ready to replace the glass it when I noticed what happened. I just took it out and cleaned all the old silicone off and re-siliconed the bracket back onto the side glass. Was pretty simple to be honest. I used some home depot tub sealer stuff I had. So far so good. I have rolled it down quite a few times since and have had no issues.

I just did this a couple months ago. The glue that keeps the mounting bracket against the glass has failed. I was all ready to replace the glass it when I noticed what happened. I just took it out and cleaned all the old silicone off and re-siliconed the bracket back onto the side glass. Was pretty simple to be honest. I used some home depot tub sealer stuff I had. So far so good. I have rolled it down quite a few times since and have had no issues.
Thanks for the information. Can you tell me if the triangular bracket that fell off is metal or plastic? I want to make sure I get the right type of glue.