Sn95 Vs 90 Fox Gt Stock Stock

Hell I love imports. I've dreamed about converting a Civic hatch to RWD, that would be so badass. I love NA import motors that run 9k+ RPM. I'd DD one any day. Drop an S2000 drivetrain into a Civic...that's awesome.
 
Ok @import driver sn95s are 215 hp. Foxes are 225 Mine should have 230 @CRANK. And at you guys saying you never seen n/a hondas hitting 13s i mean come on -_- maby you guys should broaden your car knowledge to more than mustangs. Now im gonna have to post video proof

Hate to break it to you, but SN95s are not necessarily 215hp. The best SN95 GTs had 260hp in New Edge form. So, was the SN95 you were facing a 96-98, or 99-04?

Likewise, Foxes were 225hp in 92, but in 93 it was 205hp. Ratings differ depending on year.

Speaking of years, the motors on both the Fox and the SN95 are probably tired and aren't putting out the same power anymore after all these years. Who knows what the two of you are actually putting down unless you have both recently run dynos! But I digress.

For the record, I'm sure we have all seen a riced honda run 11s or 12s in full race trim—i.e., gutted from bumper to bumper. But it takes considerable amount of money to put a riced honda into those numbers while maintaining complete street-ablility; contrast that with Mustangs, and it is clear why it is heralded as the affordable sports car from the dealer lot to the track.

Here in Sacramento, there was a friend of mine who was in a Mustang club, but he had a friend with a riced Integra. Turbo. Gutted. Ran 10s. But it wasn't street-able. This friend bet and lost against a Mustang in the club. Raced against a blown Fox that also ran 10s. And it had all the comforts and amenities one would want from daily driver. Including a sub. To me, it's a no brainer. But again I digress.

To get back to your original inquiry, I myself would recommend—albeit without the experience of having done it myself but based on the recommendation of aforementioned friend in the Mustang club and on the testimonial of @DocG2828—getting Holley Systemax II's kit. You would probably want a gear upgrade and perhaps even a transmission upgrade, but you would probably reign supreme at your work with this kit and retain naturally-aspirated status.
 
Hey guys I just raced my friends stock 4.6 sn95 from a dig. As far as I know he only has lowering springs. I have a stock 90 mustang gt with only a timing advance on 93 gas and no exhaust past stock mid pipe. Im trying to figure out why I lost! I thought I was a bit lighter and we had the same power? It doesnt add up. The race was a blur but we both had wheelspin and then he took off on me. My version is I had more wheelspin and was still spinning a little bit when he gained control and I started to creep up a little bit but not enough to make up for that launch. But it was all blurry like a dream.

You're granny shifting not double clutching like you should...
 
I have an idea... Sell your Stang and go get a hoduh. You now have first hand knowledge of how "dumb" all those Mustang guys are and how you bent over backward to try and educate us.

You'll be a hero!

This is an awesome plan. :nice:
Educate us? I am part of us! I am this mustang guy that you speak of! Ypu sound like a ricer yourself with ypur ignorance, judging my intelligence without even knowing me. Sell your stang and get a celica. World would be safer
 
Here's the thing man, I don't get my proof from You Tube, I get it from the track, physically in person. I go there and I see that "wide variety" you're talking about, and these days it's almost nothing but imports. And I'm telling you now, if it doesn't have a turbo, I've never seen one go faster than high 14s. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but it says something to me because if it were that easy to drop a motor in an old Civic why haven't I seen it done? The motors and cars are a dime a dozen and fairly cheap, seems to me if it were easy I would have seen it by now. I've seen plenty of quick turbo Hondas, but never all motor.

As for the HP ratings, you just simply have it wrong. The standard 5.0 make the same power from '88 on, Ford just changed the way they tested and rated the engines. They were mechanically the same except for a change in piston material and then an intake/TB change on the SN95. The only engines that made more power were the Cobras, and they only made 235/240. Even if there were legit differences in power, we're talking about 10 measly HP, which you will never see a gain from by itself. That kind of gain is easily lost in driver ability, traction, even air density and atmosphere conditions from one day to the next.
Never seen an n/a tuner doing faster than high 14s? Their rare but they exist. Probably not in your area. Also tuners like to street race
 
Never seen an n/a tuner doing faster than high 14s? Their rare but they exist. Probably not in your area. Also tuners like to street race

Yeah so how are they checking their times when they street race? Oh that's right they can't, so it's all done by the ass dyno or if they're lucky a G-Tech, neither of which I put much faith in.
 
Yeah I'd have to agree with the driving aspect. Also too are they both stick cars or automatic? There will be a significant power loss from engine through auto tranny to tires. Manual trans transfer power much more effectively cause the lack of weight to turn. Depending on how good your are this can be a benefit or a handicap. I prefer manual trans cause it's cheaper and shows how good the diver really is.
 
When I had my 96gt it had 4.10's, off road x-pipe, lowering springs, intake, short shifter and a few other lite mods 5 speed. My friend had a 89 notch with I believe just a fiberglass hood at the time. When we race we were dead even up to 3rd gear than I started pulling away slowly. That didn't last long because his 5.0 responded to mods a lot better as he added full exhaust, intake, short shifter, world class t-5 and a clutch he broke into the 13's and I was left in the mid 14's.