sneaky98gt Progress Build: FRPP/SVO Blower Install

Nevermind, got it fixed. Turned out that I had the boost/vac gauge hose in the wrong spot. I originally had it on the nipple used for vacuum diagnostics. The vacuum part of the gauge worked fine there, but apparently the boost part doesn't. So I moved it over to a hose coming directly off the top of the supercharger, and voila. Everything works perfectly now.

It's actually making upwards of 8 pounds of boost, which makes me happy. More power for me.

Awesome. Can't wait to see how it does on Thursday.

• Sponsors (?)

You must not let it ping. It doesn't take much to destroy some piston rings. Please stay out of the boost until you tune it, even if you can't hear it ping.

Will do. The amount of time I had the car under a load and in boost was very minimal. Only a second or less about 3 times. Just trying to make sure it was making boost like it was supposed to. Now that I know everything is right, it will not be driven anymore until it is tuned.

Just how rough is it supposed to run when I put in the 39 pound fuel injectors?

I put those in today, and just cranked it up a few minutes ago. It is idling very rough, the vacuum is jumping all around from 15 inches to 5 inches, and it's smoking somewhat bad as well, from both tail pipes.

Is this usual? All I did was change the injectors; still on the stock MAF with no tune. I thought it wouldn't be quite this bad.

im surprised it runs!! lol

I guess that means that it should run pretty rough. I hope so, because I don't want anything else wrong with it, lol.

I taped the Lightning MAF up there and the car definitely seems to run better. It still is pretty rough, but is way better than it was. The vacuum is a little low still, but is also way smoother. I'm hoping that this just means that the injectors are why it's running so bad.

you're prob gonna have to change plugs before you go on the dyno. you are dumping WAY too much fuel. i would swap the stock ones back in and change them just before the tune.

Even for no longer than I have ran it? Dang. I hate changing the plugs with all the intake and stuff on it. Or at least the #3 and #4 plugs. I guess I'll bring everything along and figure it out there. I guess I can take one plug out and look at it and go from there. I'll be there at least an hour early.

And for clarity. I'm trailering it up there, not driving it. It has been run with the 39 lb injectors for 30 seconds at most. And will be run for probably a minute or two getting it onto and off of the trailer.

And the winner is....

Car actually make 324 rwhp and 336 rwtq. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am VERY happy (and surprised) with those numbers. I was honestly just hoping for 300 rwhp. And it drives just as good as it has ever driven. I'm gonna check the gas mileage on the way back to school on Sunday. I have to give a big thanks to the guys at Fastlane. Very cool guys, and very good at what they do.

I'll get a dyno sheet up later tonight.