so my intercooler pump took a dive

04GTMustang

Feb 28, 2006
Stafford
well my intercooler pump for some reason is not working. it has plenty of coolant so i dunno why it gave out. thank god for the methanol or else i would be screwed.

but on a good note i did the compression test and the results were awesome!!!:D

cyl 1- 164
cyl2- 161
cyl 3- 163
cyl 4- 164
cyl 5- 160
cyl 6- 162
cyl 7- 159
cyl 8- 158

i was pretty surprised at how those numbers were consistant lol. guess ill be ready to put that 14psi pulley on in the spring time. guess ford slipped up and gave me cobra internals hahahaha

its amazing how my intercooler pump dies before the motor lol

• Sponsors (?)

pump

my 03 had the pump go quick also,,i used the ford racing part,it was cheaper than oem and looked the same when i open the new box....FWIW mine has 225k and my compression # are just slightly higher than yours,,165 was the lowest and 180 was the highest,,,but mine is a true cobra

ford racing part iicr costed 115 bucks stock was close to 300..mine seams to run all the time ,,i dont recall seeing it stop flowing at all

where did you get yours from? i am going to give kb a call today to see if they can just send me a new one and ill give them the old one. 115 isnt too bad but i would rather get it for free since i havent even had it for a year yet.

ford racing part iicr costed 115 bucks stock was close to 300..mine seams to run all the time ,,i dont recall seeing it stop flowing at all
Never seen a "premier member" CT before :scratch:

Anywho, yeah your comp numbers look great for any engine much less one that you beat the hell out of :nice:

it must be my age,,old dudes rule,,,,i have no idea how that got thier and your the second person who has questioned it,,,is that a stangnet rating?
IDK, everyone with a post rating as high as ours eaither has an "Official Member" or something stupid like mine :D

Any chance you ran it low on coolant and got an air lock in it? At that track, more than one time I would run ice water in my intercooler reservoir and the odd time I would let the water level get low enough that the pump would suck in and air bubble and it stop. I’ve literally had to siphon start it again to suck the air out on half a dozen occasions...at which point it works fine. :shrug:

Any chance you ran it low on coolant and got an air lock in it? At that track, more than one time I would run ice water in my intercooler reservoir and the odd time I would let the water level get low enough that the pump would suck in and air bubble and it stop. I’ve literally had to siphon start it again to suck the air out on half a dozen occasions...at which point it works fine. :shrug:

not sure but i am pretty sure that i didnt run it low on coolant. i checked it about once a week for a while and always had plenty of fluid so im not sure. it use to be running perfectly.

i didnt think anything of the intercooler pump dying for a while. i was on 9psi one night and got on it getting on the highway and heard slight ping at the top of 3rd and got out of it immediately. and now i think that was all from the pump dying and the air just being insanely hot. it was a cold cold night but still it shouldnt have done that. it use to be fine in the hotter months on 9psi without ping even on 11psi it would not ping then all of a sudden it started out of nowhere so i guess thats when my pump died.