So... when i can see the pistons is that too far?

Stray152

Mar 5, 2009
Anyway, ive got this package coming in sometime between now and when i get home with TF heads, intake, TB, Plenum, cams, intake tube, head changing kit and a SCT tuner.

So... i think i can do it myself... with the engine in the car. And people have told me i could. Are we all crazy?.. i mean the way i look at it the hardest part will be degreeing the cams... other than that.. im pretty much taking off all old stuff and putting all new stuff in. (yes i know its much more complicated than that) Im just very comfortable with doing things with my hands, and.. the shop wanted 3K to put it in... i thought that was absurd.

So far ive just been told to assemble the heads w/ the cams and everything before i bolt them up... other than that it seems pretty straight forward. The retailer said that "a shade tree mechanic could do it" but im pretty sure he'd say anything to get me to buy the parts... I really have no money for labor left over so ... its less a matter of "can I", than a matter of "is my car ever going to run again"

If your going to shoot me down tell me what mods you would be comfortable with some one doing themselves so i can have a reference point. I probably already did a few things people would never do themselves...

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

You should have no problem completing that install. People do heads, cams and intakes all the time. It can be done with the engine still in the car, the drivers side is a little tight though because of the brake booster. Do some research and TAKE YOUR TIME and you will be just fine. Dont get on it after the install untill its dynoed and it will probably run really rough till then too.