SoL93GT is back!!

SoL95GT

Oct 21, 2009
Tampa, FL
For some reason my old username isn't letting me post so I made a new one, well I just got a 95 GT laser red, 87k miles. I just bought it from the original owners, lady driven, auto. My first automatic Mustang, out of the dozen or so I've had. I like it so far except for it being slow. I'm putting in an order to Summitracing right now to start off my new daily driver drag car. I sold my 93 GT that had 11k original miles on it with a bone stock motor, HP turbo kit, 16 psi. It ran 11.20's @ 128 mph before I could finish it. I sold it to my brother, which I'm gonna buy back next year, and no I didn't sell it to the moron on this site that posted pics of it and said it was his car, what a loser, he got banned after that, :ban: not sure why, but thanks looking out guys, I just read the IM the other day telling me someone was using my pics. Anyway, I'm back in the going fast with a stock motor game. Any ideas on my 95 GT would be apreciated ecsepcially on the auto part. I think I'm gonna get the B&M electronic shift improver kit for $30 bucks first before I try to put a shift kit in it. Let me know if thats a bad idea and a MSD 6AL2 with dual 2 steps, Draglites with MT drag radials, skinnies in front, 165R radial, I might go with a 275/60/15 on a 15x8" rim with a 5.5" b/s, but I'm kinda leaning toward a 325/50/15 on a 10" rim with a 6.5 b/s after I did some measuring, I know thats overkill, but it would look bad as hell. Let me know what you guys think. I'm gonna do a tune up with iriduim plugs, MSD cap and rotor, Taylor wires, K&N, synthetic oil, bump the timing to 16 degrees, fuel filter, new pcv valve, adj. the tps, take off the smog equip., reroute the egr coolent hose, clean the maf, and tb, 160 degree thermostat, water wetter. Thats for the baseline runs on the stock motor, then we're gonna see how far I can push this motor, I ran my 93 stock motor with over 500 rwhp for 5 years and the only thing I had to do is put cometics on it. Everyone said it would blow-up and it never did, all I did was lock the timing at 20 degrees and buy a Innovate LM-1 and kept the A/F ratio at 11:1 just by adjusting the fuel pressure to the 42 lb injectors with the 255 lph intank, and clocking the the MAF, the 76mm C&L worked better than than an expensive Pro-M blow through meter, I just made sure the engine never detonated, and shifted at 5k rpm and it never blew up, still runs great to this day and when I get it back I'm gonna finish where I left off when the housing market ****ed me and I had to sell it, and try to run a 9.99 with a stock motor, It should run 10.50's the way it is now with a C4 with a brake and proper gearing, and a tuned suspension. The TKO600 almost made me wreck my show car twice at over 100 mph when the tires unloaded during the 3rd to 4th shift on a slippery track. There's 4 tenths in it when I get the suspension worked out and my 60 foots down to the 1.4x range, on stock Pony's of course. I put MT drag radial on it right before I sold it to my brother and it stuck like mad, just as good as the ET streets, I didn't have a chance to run it at the track but I think it would stick just as good and run straight as an arrow instead of all over the track when I had the biased ply tires on it. Putting the TKO600 was the worst mistake I made, I'm gonna sell that and get a good C4 with a 3500 stall and a brake and come out of the hole at 16 psi instead of 5 psi with the 5 speeed. I'm not worried about the drag radials hooking at all, I just need to get the suspension sorted out. And put a roll cage in it, got kicked out everytime I went to the track. I wonder if HP Performance is still in buisness, it's been so long. The turbo smokes a little I'm wondering if I put a oil restrictor on the feedline will fix it or if the seals are going bad. The car is still in showroom new condition, my brother doesn't drive it and it sits in a closed trailer. He did put a $3k stereo system in it I might have to take out for weight savings. And put 4 wheel discs brakes on it, Peformance Autosports put it on, it was an SSBC kit, and they said they had never seen such a poorly 4 wheel disc brake conversion kit, it took forever for them to get it right and cost alot of labor for my brother for them to do it. So never buy one of those kits, if I had known, I would have told him to get a Bear, Willwood, or Aerospace kit. It wold have cost the same with all the labor he spent. With the $15k it's got invested in it and the condition and mileage, I'm gonna buy it back for $20k, I sold it to him for $15k and he put $10k in it. That might seem high for a GT but I want to finish what I started and see how fast I can go on a stock motor, and 11.20's is far from it. It's got alot left in it. Hopefully in the end with everything I can get out of it and mabey a 75 shot I can get my 9.99 with a stock shortblock, stock cam, stock unported E7's, stock unported intake, stock T.B., not even a stud girlde, 5 years and it keeps on going. I'm make sure I do a compression test and get a good oil pressure gauge when I get it back just to make sure the block isn't cracked already. I think if I get my 9 second pass on a good day on the perfect pass I'll have Mustang magazines knocking down my door for a feature article. I know mid 10's is gonna be a breeze, it's that last .51 tenths I'm worried about. I think I can do it with enough persaverence. Everyone said it would never last right after I dyno'd it after I put the turbo on and 4 years later it's still putting down over 600 lb/ft of tq to the wheels. God I love turbos. Which kit do you guys think I should put on my 95 GT daily driver. My ultimate goal is to have a daily driver with 1000 fwhp, single turbo, 331, Dart block, AFR heads, long runner intake, on pump gas with methanol injection, built AODE with overdrive, bolt in 9", drag radials, stock style suspension, running 8's, possibly high 7's. And run in the true street class that has the 30 mile ride with 3 back to back passes, when NMRA comes around every year. Thats why I'm thinking about just going with the 325/50's now instead of waiting and changing later. They're the same price. And I'll never have to worry about traction. Anyway, let me know what you guys think and it's good to be back in the game. After the housing market debacle and having a child with my beautiful wife, I had to lay low on the Mustang scence for a while, I got my mortgage restructured and my finaces in order. I was gonna get a 07 GT500 but I lost my good paying job at Verizon, but everything's cool now, I hated working there anyway, I like what I'm doing now and got another kid on the way, but I need a hobby so I'm not gonna stop doing what I love to do. I love taking a bone stock Mustang and going to the track every week doing small upgrades and seeing how fast I can go. So this should be fun until I get my 93 GT back. I'll keep you guys posted. Later.

Briane :flag:

• Sponsors (?)