Some progress on the T-top coupe..

TC93

Sep 11, 2000
Ellerslie GA 31807
It is going slow but finally got time to work on the t-top coupe. All I have been doing for the last year is gathering parts and getting machine work done to block and heads. Ended buying an 86 coupe parts car this weekend for floorpans, and a few other misc parts I need/wanted. And that motivated me to do some more work on the coupe. I tried to weld up some holes on the fender apron, but had problems, where the battery was and had the metal thin. So I ended up adding a new sheet to cover the old apron and boxin int he lower frame rail on the p-side. And got a chance to wipe it with some metal to metal, and got alittle sanding done before it it was time to come in.. Anyway here are a few pics of the apron in rough form, still need to finish sandin and wipe it one more time with some filler to make smooth.

And here is an update the parts list..

Block has had the works done to it, from torque plated to decked squared..

Heads have had new springs added, and fresh valve job & seals, plus a light surface..

42# injectors have been upgraded to 60 with matching MAF,

AFM cam had been swapped out for an Ed Curtis(flowtech) custom grind cam,,,

Swapped e-brock 70mm Tb for polshed 75mm tb & spacer,,

Also upgrading fuel system to aftermarket, from the 255 intank /t-rex with stock lines I ran on my 86.

So far have mallory rails, Aeromotive reg, and fittins, and a return line.

Parts Still needed,,,,

Rings and head gaskets and motor will be ready to assemble,,,

Back half of fuel system, (pumps, filters, and lines),,

Seats,,,

And few other misc stuff I wil get when I get that far into it..

Anywho..........

Here are pics of the apron project... (remeber still need some more block sanding and wiped again..)

Mock up & 1st weld...

fit_one_583.jpg

weld_1_370.jpg

Grinding of welds and metal filler primed..

almost_2_946.jpg

almost_1_378.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well got little more filler and sanding done,, about 90% done with this side,and it was the worst side. Other side should take this loing, since it's in 5x better shape since no battery was located there... Then can move on to firewall and fixing floorpans.

smooth2_138.jpg

smooth1_182.jpg

Couple pictures of current state also....

DSC02700.JPG

DSC02697.JPG

Flavadave4 said:
Nice work on the engine bay........Love to see people doing there own work and paying attention to details. Those are the things that seperate a guy with a car and a "car guy".
Keep the pics coming.

Thanks man,, And that is allot work tedious work to make it right. specially that side, seems the battery messed up the metal some and had problems welding..